Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise/Exige picture & video thread - Page 10 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise/Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

On 21/12/2016 at 19:57, Malcolm Feth said:

The Monster Within.

Great shot although I think you meant to put that image in the parking thread @Malcolm Feth ? 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Gary & Mel's car. Actually it's Mel's as Gary has the Esprit.  JPS sign writing done by the same chap who did it for the F1 car. 

Lovely car, lovely couple.

Barrie,  So the chap actually hand painted all that on ?  I have seen the folks that do pin stripes etc by hand and lots of other fantastic stuff, but have never understood how it works when you come to polish the car, i.e if you had black pin stripes painted on a white car, or as that amazing looking elise has the gold painted on the black,  surely when polished i.e with t cut it will rub/smudge  into the actual cars paintwork ?  Or are these cars clear coated all over afterwards ?

A

• 2 weeks later...

Yes very nice also very topical with some discussions going on behind the scenes here! 

I think that probably is the same as TVR reflex green. Although for whatever reason I don't think 'flip' colours suit Lotus cars as much at TVRs. I think it's to do with the curves on a TVR that mean the paint has a more gradual transition between colours, whereas the edges in a Lotus mean that you have a more sudden change. Would love to see it in real life and yes I'll always have a soft spot and room in the garage for a 2ZZGE Elise! 

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a good reminder for us trackday guys, to never take it to lightly or get overexcited ... 

A crash can happy very quick.

I just recently did a two day track event with BMW M on the NOS where the guy in front of me crashed the M4 into the walls as well...

Wet day, all systems on, road tires,  slower than I was, just the wrong reaction at the wrong point in time...

3 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Ouch! Is your neck alright after that? Your head went sideways quite a way.

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention: the good thing is ... its not me ... seems to be a guy from the netherlands with a Vlog ... just recently bought the Elise ...