Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
EMEG - Viable? - UK - East Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

EMEG - Viable?

winners

The membership of the EMEG is low, certainly when Mr Oogieboogie (Pete) ran it we had only a maximum of 4 on any of our meets plus a couple from other groups. I have had a less success rate since taking over. Just Pete, Botus and Wizard attending, and Wizard has sold his Esprit now!

Now the Forum has expanded do we have any other Lotus owners in the region who want to join. If so please conatct me to join the EMEG. If not it may be best to merge into a neighbouring group.

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

Your more than welcome to play with the NMEG boys and girls but hopefully all regional groups will grow along with TLF

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

With the expansion of the forum to now encompass all Lotus models, there should now be scope to further increase your numbers substancially.

Do you know if there are any other Lotus meets local to your area? Take a look , you may be supprised to find theres an active group not to far away for you. It would be a fantastic opportunity to recruit some additional TLF members and you could become an active member along with them and satisfy your regular meet requirement.

You may find that by getting involved with the other Lotus groups you may entice some additional attendance to any meets, you as EMEG organise in the future.

If you need a purely Esprit surrounding then maybe combining with NMEG is your way forward.

How about calling all EMEG memeber to a meeting to discuss your future and plan a way forward!

Chunky Lover

hello everyone.

sailorbob (derek) with a blue s4 is only at Southwell so thats 4 lotusvette thats 5,mick bull thats 6(gt3) near castle donnington also i have seen a couple of elan turbos over the past couple of weeks as well, all local in mansfield and in sutton-in-ashfield my s4 is off the road at the moment as i have been doing a couple of things but should be back on the road by Feb or March but if no meetings are arranged then nobody will go for new members maybe speak to a local newspaper see if they want to do a write up etc

. although im looking at taking mine for a drive down to Spain later next year

It's Oogies turn to boogie

There are a few M100s around Nottingham/Derby area that quite regularly meet up. One of them that some of you will know is Neil (Enright) - I think he is a member on here too.

Often meet here - The Hutt

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

" but if no meetings are arranged then nobody will go "

Of everybody Pete you know as well as me listing people who we know doesn't make a meet.

As for no meetings arranged. I arranged to meet at Southwell car show, even picked up application form, I was on my own, you and wizard went the following day. Arranged to meet NMEG, again went on my own.

Tried to sort a visit to a car show in Loughborough, sods law Vette and Botus went but my car broke down...

Since then I've suggested trying for meets and mostly get one or two replies.

I think that I've missunderstood what the EMEG was for. I am happy to arrange to meet people off the forum, but as for advertising to meet people and recruiting outside the forum! Perhaps this job's not for me!

The fact of the matter is that there are not enough people to have regular meets, I understand that people can't always make meets, but if we lose 2 or 3, it's not viable.

Lets hope we get more members in response to this thread.

Grumpy Mark!!!

:)

I think that I've missunderstood what the EMEG was for. I am happy to arrange to meet people off the forum, but as for advertising to meet people and recruiting outside the forum! Perhaps this job's not for me!

That's not what it's about at all. The regional groups are for forum members and friends only, we're not arranging social outings for all and sundry.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

dont loose heart mark. when people did not turn up i just enjoyed the drive, i will try to make it in jan but may be out of the country

Thanks Pete, Have a Happy Christmas.

Mark

That's not what it's about at all. The regional groups are for forum members and friends only, we're not arranging social outings for all and sundry.

Good Bibs, I haven't got the wrong end of the stick then.

Lets see how Jans meet goes.

• 1 year later...

Hi were at Retford

hello to all from Sue & Darryl

don't mind popping to a show if we are around, or just chatting about all things Lotus especially if anyone's got any further info on the Exige V6S

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 1 month later...

We're in Chello, 52 plate dark red 111s that doesn't get out much :-(

Would welcome opportunities for a run out, even if it's only to Donny, but don't check the forums very often I'm poo at that, lol

Cheers

Fred.

Ps have seen plenty of Loti about - happy to drop stickers / cards on their windshields if bibs sends me some ;-)

Bibs,

We showed the Cup 260 strategically placed for the weekend in the front entrance.

Sue picked up a sticker from the LF stand; if you have any more spare we don't mind placing one on each of the Loti like Fred we don't mind dropping stickers/cards on other Loti

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430