Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PNM/Hi Spec 6 pot F & 4 Pot Rear - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

PNM/Hi Spec 6 pot F & 4 Pot Rear

I'm considering going all out and upgrading to this combo. I haven't been thrilled with my Hi Spec 4 pot and OEM rears, but honestly I don't know how else you can put together a 6/4 setup with 320mm discs for the price. It's really a good price, all things being equal.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for more of a kit really, not something I piece together myself. Normally I'd be up for the challenge but I'm not too comfortable with brakes and I'd also rather not have to bother estimating the cost of bracketry, or bothering with it at all really.

• 3 weeks later...

Incidentally, I ordered the 6/4 setup from PNM before Christmas. I hope to see them soon.

• 1 month later...

Incidentally, I ordered the 6/4 setup from PNM before Christmas. I hope to see them soon.

What's the verdict Lucas? I'm working on making a rear setup for mine. I have a 6pot wilwood setup in front with 310mm discs, but I definitely need some bias to the rear now, especially with Hawk Black pads on there.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

What's the verdict Lucas? I'm working on making a rear setup for mine. I have a 6pot wilwood setup in front with 310mm discs, but I definitely need some bias to the rear now, especially with Hawk Black pads on there.

Artie

Artie: They haven't even arrived yet and it will; be a couple months before I can try them out. Keep an eye on my "Restoration" forum thread.

I think I may be able to scrounge some up. I love it in white, stays clean longer than any other color! I need to take some more pics with a scantily clad girl on it soon! :huh:

You can see some fairly good pics at cardomain.com and look up artsespritturbo. I'm pretty sure I have a few decent ones there. I used to have a nice garage here, but guess I need to get unlazy and put a new one up. I do plan on adding the SE sills I have laying in my basement sometime this year. Just ordered my new turbo and fuel injectors so that'll come first though! Muahahahaha MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Freshly updated for your viewing pleasure! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2346823

Artie

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Never really thought about white but it does show aspects of the Esprit that I hadn't noticed with the other colours. I like the way the early side sill shape, angles and vent become obvious and stylish. A bit similar to the waisted side of the Evora.

DanR

Never really thought about white but it does show aspects of the Esprit that I hadn't noticed with the other colours. I like the way the early side sill shape, angles and vent become obvious and stylish. A bit similar to the waisted side of the Evora.

That's funny you like the non se sill! I have SE sills to put on but I have other things I want to do with that $2K it'll cost me to install and have it painted to match! Many cars look more "defined" in lighter colors. The FD3S for example looks very flat and unobvious in Black and dark blue, but sings and looks like a vixen in yellow, white, silver and red!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

No way... i have a pearl white Acura and my car is always poop brown. that thing never looks clean.. Especially in the winter when they put magnesium-chloride on the streets.

Now my Vulcan Grey Esprit gets compliments on how the paint looks brand new (original 1989 paint) even when I haven't washed it for months and it has an inch of dust on it.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Well Travis, my Esprit only gets dust on it too, I certainly don't go snow slopping in it, like you do in the Acura! My old black CLK looked dirty the second I rolled out of the driveway just driving to get icecream with the kids! The Esprit under normal conditions only needs a dusting by the wheel arches and valances every few drives to stay clean!

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm