Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Alarm - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Alarm

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Forum Henry. Where are you? What spec and colour etc. ? Post in the Garage if not already done so.

Good luck with the car. The driving experience makes up for the niggles. thumbsup.gif Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Yep had my Evora a week now only just relised I have been locking it and walking away from it all over the place not knowing the passenger side was still open.

Does it not 'double bip' you to tell you not all doors closed/locked? It took me a while to get the hang of locking it properly or rather figure out why it sometimes double bipped instead of single bipped.whistle.gif

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

I wasn't going to say as I am offshore but I am 99% certain that mine makes no noise either apart from the locking clunk. I think I only get the indicator flash once or twice on locking and the opposite on opening. If I was gambling it is twice on closing and once on opening.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

the blip on pressing the button twice is telling you you have disabled the interiior microwave sennsor. it's all in the manual.....

Mine makes no noises on locking / unlocking, flashes the indicators though and I do have the locks set to open drivers side on 1 prss, both on 2 presses. On locking only one press is necessray. you can also set to lock on drive-off.

[Editors note - I've taken these posts from another topic and made one with a more useful title so that others may refer to it, rather than it be buried elsewhere.]

Cheers, yes at the momment the only way to lock the passenger door is with the key which also seem to be abit stiff, turn it to the right to lock and it doesnt seem to clunk into place I think it needs a new lock or somthing going back to garage next week for service hope they can sort it.

Now I have read Joe S's posting that confirms my thoughts exactly. I do not like doors locking on take off although I understand why city driving women may like that. I remember the garage setting that up pre-delivery as I was asked. I prefer rescuers being able to get into my little alloy & broken plastic box when they pick me out of a field. I do not trust them to unlock automatically in event of crash as they barely work sitting in a car park.

The microwave off is exactly the same as my Boxster was for when parked with roof down. In this it is I suppose for animals (or children!!) being left locked in.

Anyway - Manual? Who reads them? Fiddling and bodging is much more fun! whistle.gif

I thought the bips were to tell you it was locked or not.

It double bips when a door/tailgate is not closed properly, it's the only way for me to tell that since the tail gate looks closed even when it's not locked - and I thought that it was a sensible way to check all is secure. Didn't realise was disabling some features. Live and learn, and I'm the one usually chastising him for never reading the manuals - I even read prescription medicine precautions I'm usually that controlling thorough...

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

well it does that too, which will likely confuse you. If a door or boot is open it'll beep. how many times I on'y know. (it's all in the manual!)

What mmne does NOT do is flash the indicators if the alarm goes off. Obviously I found this out by accident!

Big H - several of us have had problems with the central locking and Lotus have replacement parts to fix this.

Mine is now transformed as a result so if you are having issues i suggest you check with your dealer.