Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Engine Mounts - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Engine Mounts

maydharm

Hi All,

Just given the Esprit a quick going over getting it ready for the weekend.

Both engine mounts are looking iffy so want to replace them. My question is how do you replace said items and where can i buy them?

Thanks Jon.

Ps: Looking forward to meeting some of you at Brands on Sunday.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jon,

To replace the two metallastic engine mounts, you will need to either jack the engine from underneath, or lift it from above. In my experience, the easiest way is to jack it from underneath, by placing a wooden block under the sump. It will help to undo the two vertical gearbox mounts which will allow the engine to rise more freely. I have also found it helpful to remove the two rubber airfeed hoses to the turbochargers and the two wastegate capsule hoses - if they are running through the chassis-work.

You will need to undo the two vertical engine mount bolts (hex allen heads). Be careful to check that any electrical, oil and coolant connections to the engine have sufficient free movement and then jack the engine slowly to provide enough clearance to remove and replace the two metallastic mounts/washers.

Once you've fitted the new mounts/washers, use the vertical bolts to engage and guide the engine back down into position. Remember to reconnect everything and re-tighten the gearbox mount bolts.

It is worth noting that the V8 Sport350 had some uprated firmer metallastic engine mounts, which you may wish to deploy instead of the standard items. Check you the part manual for the different numbers. Both are available from Lotus Aftersales via you dealer.

Hope that helps.

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Thanks Mike thats a great help i'll check the part numbers and get the ordered.

ps: My wifes Aunt & uncle live in your area (Liousin)

Hi All,

Does any one have the part numbers for the 1996 V8 engine Mounts or the harder Sport 350 ones?

Thanks Jon

Edited by JonJon

... which reminds me Mat - when are you coming over to say "Hi"? :lol:

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

Will the Sport350 mounts fit my 1996 V8? My dealer is saying the Sport mounts are near half the cost of the V8 ones. Are the mounts handed?

Yes - the mounts will fit.

The mounts themselves are symmetrical and not handed - you will need 2 of everything.

Cheers,

Mike S

Yes - the mounts will fit.

The mounts themselves are symmetrical and not handed - you will need 2 of everything.

Cheers,

Mike S

Thanks Mike you've been a greet help.

I'll get them orderd in the morning.

Cheers Jon.

Edited by JonJon

• 3 years later...

Just checked Deroure's website and the Sport 350 mounts are nearly half the price of the standard V8 ones, as mentioned in this thread.

What's the difference then, any ideas?

Steve.

• Gold FFM

market sales numbers vs. 'number of parts in stock'  ?!   :D

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I just replaced the engine mounts for my V8 02' very recently for a Sport 350 ones, but engine sound is quite marked after 2,000 rpm's due a resonance phenomena, does anyone have been experienced that?