Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SE rear number plate surround/panel - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SE rear number plate surround/panel

I want to remove the rear number plate and all of the plastic suround - does it remove easily - exhaust can is repositioned so it's directly behind the panel so venting it with racing mesh will work wonders..

:)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove the number plate fasteners, then remove four small screws from the inside. Should pop right off, albeit it may be stuck on with grime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if I read your right - the whole plastic centre section between the rear lights unscrews to leave nothing... cool.. I can then get some mesh in their and voila.. instant exhaust cooling duct. B)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Well, not quite. It reveals a flat blank expanse of fiberglass with four rivnuts for the number plate. You're going to have to get out the saw for this project...

Edited by sanj

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

One plus of doing this, if your tailgate cable ever snaps

you will have a hole to reach in and release the two catches!

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o What tailgate Paul - split pins m8 soon to be replaced by f40 polycarb panel.. B)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Well, not quite. It reveals a flat blank expanse of fiberglass with four rivnuts for the number plate. You're going to have to get out the saw for this project...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh well.. man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.. means I can cut a slightly smaller aperture to keep some rigidity in the rear panel.. exhaust can gotta come out to be carbon wrapped anyway.. B)

Until carbon airbox made up the the 2 naca ducts in the rear polycarb hatch will direct a cold feed over the engine.. which will then be flowed nicely out of the rear vent.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif