Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate! - Page 4 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate!

My Wife kindly got me one of these certificates along with the letter for Christmas, and very nice it is too! - She even framed it for me.

Interesting points for me were that when it left the factory it had Green/Yellow badges (now Black/Gold), Silver decals on the side (now Gold) and a Silver half leather interior (now light Blue)

I know it's not unusual for these cars to get modified over the years, but those things did suprise me a bit - especially the interior colour change, although I really like it as it is now and I have to say - I can see no evidence of it being anything other than light Blue. Anyway, as others have said before me, a really nice item to have and a  great little addition to the car ownership experience..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 weeks later...

Got my letter and certificate all mounted ina frame with a pic of the car looks great and pic to follow.

Only thing is that found that when the car was born it was 1 of 2 that had the magnolia sports seats fitted so either in the dealership or at some later point somoene has fitted the comfort seats. Does anyone have a pair of sports seats or know where some may be so I can return it ABSOLUTE original!

Twitter @radioRedwards

• 5 months later...

Hi again, after reading Paul Hogden's thread regarding his certificate of provenance I thought I would get myself one from lotus, it just arrived this morning. So it turns out if you want a GT3 with red carpets and seats your outta luck because I have the only one :P not sure if that's good news or bad but there you go a uninteresting fact for the day ;)

I received mine a while ago, but I forgot to post my car's uniqueness.

The only MY82 UK Turbo with gold cloth (teddy bear) trim - and still has it.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi again, after reading Paul Hogden's thread regarding his certificate of provenance I thought I would get myself one from lotus, it just arrived this morning. So it turns out if you want a GT3 with red carpets and seats your outta luck because I have the only one :P not sure if that's good news or bad but there you go a uninteresting fact for the day ;)

Thanks for the name check! There are plenty of unique cars out there!!

• 8 months later...

Got mine last week!

post-14356-0-86144400-1394266031.png

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• 5 months later...

Oh, got mine too today, and it turns out to be the only 1990 SE for general market in red, with red carpets, magnolia full leather incl. headliner and sunroof. And the only one to go to Sweden btw.

Still like that, and still original engine and box.

Thanks to Andy Graham at Lotus Cars.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)