Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
silicone coolant hoses - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

silicone coolant hoses

cor

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never new they had made a lotus esprit specific kit! Seem like a good deal and its branded by samco which is a good make, a good move to replace all the pipes in one go, and wont have to worry about them for ages! also not sure if its just me but on mine have never had one leak round the seal where jubilee clip goes they seem to adhere to the alli pipes really well!

Regards danny

A

Its the only kit i've ever seen.

Was a bit miffed as the first time I saw it listed was only a few weeks after I made up my own set using straights and elbows. This kit worked out cheaper than all the parts I bought to make my own!

Chunky Lover

Thanks for the comments guys!

Ordered a set lets see how it turns out. Have already changed the chassis tubing bij my own tubes.

Thanks Cor

I'm also interested if they are a correct set for an 88 Stevens turbo. :lol: (red would be good)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm also interested if they are a correct set for an 88 Stevens turbo. book.gif (red would be good)

Roger, I have a 88 turbo, when i get them i will compare them to the original hosing and let you know.

Cor

Edited by cor

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Ordered a set lets see how it turns out. Have already changed the chassis tubing bij my own tubes.

Thanks Cor

Did anyone get a set of these chinese hose kits, and are they any good ? I was going to order some this week, but as luck would have it they have removed the listing from Ebay after having them up for weeks. i've sent them an email asking if they are still available.

Too many Toys are never enough !

Have received mine last week, compared to the old ones they look geometrically the same, only the front radiator ones are including the

bend which on my car is withe the aluminium adiator tubing which goes through the chassis. Thought this was the case on the latter cars?

The quality looks great and they do have the samco name and logo on them. Compared to the samco hoses I have here I do not see the difference.

If they are not originals I must say it is a very good replica.

I am very happy with them and do believe they are samco hoses.

Regards Cor

Thanks Cor, that's good news, whilst I tend to steer clear of Chinese hardened steel, I have been riding a multi geared mountain bike of Chinese manufacture for 5 years, so I have no problem with hoses.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)