Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
NWEG - Future meets - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

NWEG - Future meets

Robert Crooks

For an April meet, I was going to suggest the Lotus show at Malvern on the weekend of 17/18 April. I am intending to travel down early on 17th, stay over and head back on the afternoon of the 18th. Anybody else planing to go on either day, or for the weekend?

1 Robert Crooks (17/18 April)

For March, I suggest we have a run out somewhere local on Sunday 21 March. I can't do the 7th, and the 14th is Mother's day, so 21st looks like a better bet. Would welcome suggestions for a destination. Happy to head over towards north Wales or north of Manchester into Lancashire. I think the Lakes is probably a bit too far though for a Sunday trip. At some stage I'd like to do a trip down through Buxton to Asbourne for lunch. Please list if this date works for you and if you have any preferences for destination.

1 Robert Crooks

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Robert,

I'm using all my spare time (mainly lack of it!) in fixing my car right now, so it looks as if I cant come to any of these meets.

I am getting towards sending the car off to the bodyshop so will have free time then - if this coincides with these events, I'll come!

Thanks for your efforts organising these and I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys some time soon.

Simon (slewthy)

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

i would suggest on 21 March we hook up with the NMEGers again for the following trip.

21st March 2010

This month we're off to the seaside.

Well the sun was shining today, so why not?

The plan is to start off from the usual starting place at the Gingerbread Man Pub in Market Drayton at !0.30am ( meet at 10am) before making our way via Whitchurch and Chester to West Kirby.

We should be there for noon, park up along the sea front and then wander into to town to grab a bag of chips ( or whatever takes your fancy )

All are welcome, whether you're from the North Midlands or not.

I note SuperDaveLotus has already signed up for this. Any other NWEGers up for it? We will need to work out hook up places.

1 Robert Crooks

It would be good to have you guys along again

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robert,

At least I'll be there. The HC turbo won't be ready. Having some work and service done at PNM. Thought it was going to be ready today but no joy. Will have to come in V8.

David

Hi Robert,

I was looking forward to catching up tomorrow at CN. Never mind, I'll catch up with you shortly. Don't think I can make Lotus show, might only be able to make Sunday as it's my birthday on Saturday and want to spend day with family.

Regards,

David

• 3 weeks later...

Is anybody from the North West going down to Malvern this weekend? I am planning to travel down early Saturday morning, stay overnight and then travel back early Sun. If anybody else is going down and wants to to hook up on either leg to travel together, let me know.

Robert

Sorry Robert,

Unable to make the show this year, my birthday is on Saturday and I plan to spend it with the family. Have a good time.

We'll have to talk soon!

David

Hi Robert

I am trying to get there Saturday. The car is running but had an oil leak from the oil cooler conections. My son has been looking at it today and hopefully tightened them up.

I will be home on Friday to take it for a shake down run, and a clean.

What time were you thinking of leaving on Saturday.

Tony