Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1. Bahrain GP - Page 3 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1. Bahrain GP

Bibs

Seriously even when the T72 (I think it was a T72 because...) came on screen the camera whipped off of it and onto some old ferraris.

Yes it was a Type 72. According to the commentator there are 3 Classic Team Lotus cars there.

Reports of me being a 'convert' are greatly exaggerated.

I merely stayed well away from the F1 arena until wheels actually started turning. On sunday afternoon I have enough 'its going to be rubbish' posts to quote myself on, there was no point saying it over and over (or indeed showing interest) until they are actually on the eve of dying on their arses and making our badge look crap.

Have no fear, when you guy are licking your wounds and feeding off the scraps with tosh like 'good try' or 'shows promise' or 'best of the rest' etc...

I'll be there...

;)

• Gold FFM

Well, I just watched qualifying. Well as much of it as I need to with both the Loti going out in the first round. I don't know if I saw the same footage as you guys over there, but the main concentration was on the guys that were still going to be there for the continuing rounds of qualifying. Waht's the point of that if you are trying to get the interest of people?

What the f$%k is wrong with broadcasting companies that can't spend some time on the newer (read slower if you want Paul C) guys instead of focusing on the drivers that will still be there at the end of Q3.

I just watched half an hour of tv for no more than 5secs of one of the cars in the pits and then 30secs (and I think I'm being generous here) of onboard footage of Heikki. I don't even know if Jarno even drove onto the track!

Maybe I've just had too much jd and dry again, but if all I am going to see is the front runners at the expense of every other team, or if the only time I am going to see the Lotus is when P1 or P2 go past it, count me out.

How I wish broadcasting companies read stuff like this, cos they are just turning a prospective viewer right off.

Incredibly excited that a car I own has a name driving in a F1 race and they may as well have not even been there and it would not have made an ounce of difference to the coverage. AFAIC that's crap!

Rant over. Sorry.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Well it sucks Simon. One of the greatest car names of all times comes back and gets ~30 seconds in 30 minutes. Someone in charge is a bloody idiot.

Even Todt is bringing up the 107% rule on one hand and then saying we have to support the new teams on the other.

As far as I'm concerned, if one of these drivers comes up on a slower driver and can't pick the right time to go around them, they're a prima donna and shouldn't be out there. The guy chasing them is going to get held up as well.

They have multiple classes in other races and there is all sorts of traffic for drivers to deal with. These guys are in the best handling cars in the world and bitch about someone being 5 seconds slower in nearly 2 minutes and a bump in corner 6. You want bumps, get in a rally car.

Wow. Just read this again, but I'm still going to post it. Angry, aren't I?

I'm trying real hard to be excited about this, but I'm not interested in watching the 'sport' if I get to see just the top four, but will be able to go to work and say 'But Lotus was in there as well'.

What's the point? If I was on the team, I'd be bloody disappointed with the coverage.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Christ didn't they try hard not to get them on picture though ?

I expected to see something about them, more emphasis on 'the silver arrow' though and the little cheater ;)

Seriously even when the T72 (I think it was a T72 because...) came on screen the camera whipped off of it and onto some old ferraris.

Hope to see some more air time tomorrow.

I see the wrangling has already started about Mclaren's duct thingy

Just what I thought Jon, the director seemed to go out of his way not to show them. Still as a back marker runner should we expect more?

Oh and I found this for owners of girls cars, and that includes potential Porsche converts.

post-3392-126849148213_thumb.gif

• Gold FFM

Bloody One HD over here moved the program so I missed the first 16 laps. Meant to be on at 10:30 and they moved it LIVE! SOBs.

Bruno Senna just blew up so only Lotus lft out of the new teams according to the commentary. That's got to be good news.

Edited by ramjet

• Gold FFM

More good news. Jarno and Heiki now circulating at only 3 seconds slower than the leading Ferraris. This might get real interesting later in the year.

Great!

And the classified results:

Lotus 2-0 Virgin

Dundee 1-2 Raith Rovers

They ARE dancing in the streets of Raith today!

Best Team Performance in Bahrain

Lotus achieved the 'team performance' of the weekend according to Eddie Jordan for managing to finish 15th and 17th at the Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend, beating both the Virgin and Hispania Teams as well as a well established Toro Rosso. Heikki Kovalainen took his Lotus T127 into 15th position for the new team whilst Timo Glock battled hydraulic problems right to the last lap.

Bahrainteamshot1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Ok. Help someone. How does Buemi get credited with 16th when he pulled off the track before Trulli who kept running? Do final positions stand no matter where you are on the track once the last position that carries points has crossed the line? Or do all the cars get to finish? Or did Trulli not get past Buemi? Did Trulli actually finish?

New game. Let's all play spot the F1 newbie. ;)

All in all though, I reckon a pretty good showing for the first time out. No offs and not a disaster by any standard. Well done.:)