Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Window Switches, cant find them anywhere - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Window Switches, cant find them anywhere

I know they are off a GM part, their PN's are :

GM 90 282 846

GM 90 282 847

GM 90 282 849

Lotus PN A100M6007F

They are £55 from SJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I need 2 of 'em

AFAIK they were off a vauxhall but everyone I have seen is not the same, the surround is not as large as the one on the Esprit / Elan

IMG_0755cs_Window_Switches.jpg

Any clues....they must have been issued to something other than the Lotus ?

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Jonathan, I often looked for these in the UK when i was there, but could never find the right Vauxhall.

Just did a search here in Oz and came up with these.

My link

My link

Might be worth just grabbing these to check the size..

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Try Vauxhall Calibra if not then try Tigra, I know interior door handle and grab handle are from a Calibra and the roof mounted aerial is off a Tigra.

If you get really stuck then they are also used in TVR's. You can buy aluminium covers from them. I was going to list on my site but they are far too dear.

Here's a pic of the cover. The switch looks the same to me.

window_switches.jpg

I have the later 98 onwards window switches but they are no use to you sorry.

Regards,

David Walters

Jon,

I found some - exactly the right part including the surrounding bezel - on a 92/J plate Cavalier in the scrappy. If I recall, the browny colour featured on Cavs with beige interiors.

Hope that helps?

Hi Jonathan,

Here's a quick update. They are definately off a Vauxhall Tigra 1994-2000. If found a pair on Ebay for £18 (£9 each). Is that cheap enough for you?

Here's a picture.

1038-230410-102955-1-1-34-010-PTIMG.jpg

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

David Walters

More info. As for other makes of car like the Cavalier, you need to locate the rear door switches rather than the front door is my memory serves me right.

Tigra switches again 3 for £10.50?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5d2681f0e8

Astra Mk3 switch but this ones £19.99

Cavalier and Astra rear for £7.50

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item518e3c7c4c

If you fancy some nice blue LED lit ones for £27.99 for set of 3 then look here

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item45f19ecc79

I think that should be enough to keep you happy!

David

• Gold FFM

So it's a serious question then. I was going to say you'll find them on the centre console near the gear lever.

That's where mine are...:getmecoat:

If you'd like, I could contact Holden over here for the price of the parts. The mirror control is straight out of a Commodore albeit without the yellow light and the Tigra is here as well. I'll bet the parts are cheaper here. Let us know if you want me to Jonathon.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks for your efforts mon chummys :getmecoat:

I spent about 2 hrs looking yesterday, coupled with about 3 hrs looking for a douple pole double relay that didn't seem to exist (*hawwwww*) so it is appreciated.

Dave - thanks for your efforts but if you look carefully they're not the ones :(

I was just about to buy a Tigra one (watching them on eBay atm) but the surround is much smaller, I thought Lotus had a cap cast for it until I also found out the PN was different, which could mean the wiring is different too !

Here's the refrence:

320558358_tp.jpg

It's close but the surround is much smaller.

The only 2 cars I know that had them were the Esprit and Elan.

Looks like Lotus tapped it from the Aussie arm of GM then

Ebay

lotusswitch.jpg

I'll grab these as they look exactly the same as the ones off the S4.

I reckon new from GM they look around AU$40 ea. As a guess.

Edited by s4simon

Same boat as you jonathan one grey one greyish brown.

Lotus quoted me £114 ea so SJ is the way to go....

It sucks that such a basic old switch can cost this

Not that I can see.

£114 !!! that's such a piss take, thats just absolutly ridiculous.

If you're that struck for one I might try and cast the bezel from my existing ones and glue them onto the tigra's IF the switch contacts are the same.

Even the Aus ones are silly over priced...infact, looking at the switch all it will need is am imprint in some latex to cast it.

No promises but I'll see what I can do, punch them out for £110 hahahah :getmecoat:

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry the Tigra is slightly different. Have you looked ino the TVR route? I will keep looking.

As people as suffering a bit I might look into sourcing them. At £55 that's a rip off. They need to be half this price. It's only a GM part afterall.

Will let you know what I come up with.

David

Cheers Dave, I was about to buy them before I looked at the GT3 itself when I saw they were different - it's padantic I know but I kinda want the right thing.

I still think the tigra ones with a casting over the top will do the job.

I'll continue the investigation this end. I bought the ones off ebay so will see how close they are. I'll also get the new price off GM as they are just around the corner from me (100metres away).

The Tigra drivers door switches are very similar to the Esprits but they are different; the 4 wires are soldered onto the connections with about 20cm of wiring to the connectors (which are different to the Esprits).

The Tigra passenger door switch is a bit different to the drivers side, it is similarly soldered but there are 6 wires and it has a flat bezel.

Well I've received the parts. And although they are exactly the same size and fit, their functioning (and amount of connections) is a little different.

With the new one installed using the same connector, when I open the door, the window goes down - weird.

Part number from Lotus factory fit switch: GM 90 282 849 BR (Made in West Germany).

Part number from GM car factory fit: 92045 SS1PI.

I'll get the new price of the Lotus GM part number from Holden (GM) shortly.

Pic below of the two switches with the Lotus switch on the right. The switch on the left has an extra terminal external to the standard connector.

LotusGMSwitches-1.jpg

Edited by s4simon

Okay - Update from GM (Holden) in OZ.

This particular part is manuf. by GM in Germany, and a such is a Euro part, and only available in Europe. The Oz variant made in the gazillions has the same body and fits perfectly, but different switching internals.

My Lotus switch casing was broken but the switching mechanism was fine so I just swapped the body over. Lighting LED is green and case is black for the Oz variant, so I'll have to change over the passenger side as well. Cost to fix - UK4 pounds per switch. Remembering that these are second hand but have minimal use as they're fitted as standard to rear windows only of family cars.

Edited by s4simon

Here's a pic of the new switches in place. These of course are black compared to the grey Lotus originals. Also the led light is green rather than white.

newlotusswitches.jpg

• 2 years later...

I have to laugh that my post (#15) on this was completely ignored.  I just purchased a REAR window switch from an early 90's Vauxhall Senator and it is the exact Lotus Esprit S4 part. CONFIRMED.  Also likely the same for the Elan.

Yes Paul....its the same switch as the M100 and indeed the Vauxhall Carlton of the time, including the Lotus Carlton (front and back).

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 5 years later...