Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classic Team Lotus Festival 2010 - Page 3 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Team Lotus Festival 2010

Didn't realise Snetterton was in Norfolk, thats like almost an entire day away...

Had been umming and arring about it cause te banner makes it look like a cool day and camping would be fun, but unfortunately budgetary constraints, distance and lack of available room for the tent in the car rule me out.

Have fun happy campers! :horse:

Chunky Lover

George and I will be there all weekend and I have reluctantly agreed to camp. Only a 10 minute drive home though if it rains.

My Dad, Mike will also be coming along on Sunday and as a former Team Lotus man will be happy to bore the pants of anyone who is interested in double wishbones, inboard brakes and that sort of thing..

1&2 - Bibs & Laura - Camping.

3 - Jonathan - Camping.

4 - Andyclements - local

5 - Dave Ward - local

6 - Newts (+1 ?) - local

7 - Backmarker - Hotel

8 - Kimbers - local

9&10 - Mark & Jane (definitely not local)

11&12 Dave & Megan - arrive midday, camping.

13 - Dave & Son

14&15 - Paul & Sarah - Camping

16 - Robert - Camping

17 - Paul C - 90% & Camping (Vicki?)

18 - M-steady-P-eddie-x - Sunday only

19&20-trevor & lee-local

21 Scotty C - Camper van, look out for the red 2-11 on track.

22 &23 Matt & sarah camping

24 & 25 - Rickard Cooke & George - Camping

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Dave,Sarah and I might be up for Friday night. It will depend. Injured my back working on the car yesterday, so I am unable to finish the engine work today. We will be there either way but might have to use the Porker. The next few days will tell as I am pretty imobile at the mo :):horse:

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Please, Please, Please, take lots of pics, I hear some awesome Cortinas will be there, maybe a a 91 ? (wish I could be there)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Does anyone know whats happening wrt camping plots ?

Are you allocated on the door and stuck with it or whatt ? or is it worth meeting up before hand or stuff and stuff...

What are ppl doing - friday night as well as saturday or just the 1 day ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

There aren't plots it's a race track!

I think this is the rough area we dominated last year, I presume we'll be there again this year depending on where the first people to arrive decide to set up.

dab09da1.jpg

Im just going on what it says on the site :

Upon arrival at the campsite please check in and you will be allocated a camping pitch (approx 7m x 5m)

As far as I can tell they've divided the place up unto plots, pitches, spaces, areas, bits of grass.

This is what I is asking - is it a free for all or are there places laid out for clubs etc. There's like 8+ pairs camping....just wondering if we have an area set asside, worth getting there early and sorting something - I dunno.....just asking.

Edited by Jonathan

Jon,

Seloc have hundreds of people arriving to park and camp in their area, the above plot allocation applies to them. They have seperate tickets for their area, their bar, BBQ etc. Hence the precise organisation to get all their members and cars into a fairly small patch for the numbers they have. Watch you don't get herded into there.

We are in a field to the side of that where we will camp and park wherever we want, the seloc area is the concrete loop below it. You access our bit by the track just above it

:huh:

I will get there saturday afternoon like last year, ready for the first racing and some beers and BBQ. Hopefully the weather forecast will get better too.

:)

Ah balls to it I'll drive up Sunday morning, too much faffing about.

The thought of being bunched up with SELOCs is too much to bear.

Edited by Jonathan

Just wanna point out, it's not an anti seloc thing, it's just so we can camp together.

:)

Burt from Seloc is a very nice chap and came over last year to invite us to join them in their enclosure, see the band, etc. In fact i spent a lot of time wandering there and chatting to folk, being a relatively new Elise owner.

I'm going to trundle up on Friday afternoon/early evening, so there's a good chance a bloke in a High Viz vest will put me in the SELOC bit. :) Ah well, come the confusion that will be invevitable on Saturday, I'll plan an escape route...

Just trying to plan coming to see you Sat evening and bringing some beer/bbq stuff. Hopefully, being a light drinker Andy will drive so I can have a few beers with you.

Any Norfolk based people want to come down we can meet up, on the Saturday evening, at Larling and drive to the track together. Get to know some of the guys and girls for those that don't know them.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer