Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classic Car Show 2010 - NEC - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Car Show 2010 - NEC

Laura

Ok, so it's a long way off yet but we're very pleased to find out we have been successful in gaining a place at this year's NEC Classic Car show.

Header_2010.jpg

For anyone who's not been before it's a fantastic show and seen by many clubs as the last big event of the year. This will now be our third outing at the NEC and we've endeavoured to put on a bigger & better show each time.

We seem to have a slightly smaller stand this year but we're now in hall 4 this year with the bigger boys so it will be a challenge once again to put on a fantastic and professional show.

We've got 5 months but they'll come around quick so please feel free to offer suggestions, your car, your time or any display equipment/tools you have. If you do offer your car please remember that we will always have lots going on in the background and will not give a definite answer straight away on whether or not we'll want your car. The offers are always very much appreciated though.

The theme for this year's show is:

'Records'

For example: numbers built, speed, economy, best/worst, most variations, vinyl etc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura

:respect::thumbsup::animier: :animier: :animier:

Count me in as usual. Car is available but as it has been at the last two - happy for others to go first.

If you need any help organising things just give me a shout.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

My time and coffee making skills ( with or without apprentice ) are available should you need 'em :respect:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

As usual the car & or myself are available as required.

For anyone who has not been this is a great event not just for the cars but also the live events such as hand making panels etc (some how that didn't come out as interesting as planned)

You know Lionel and he's not as pristine as many others on the forum...but if you need him he can be there whenever . Alternatively Eleanor is available if not quite so relevant to TLF. I'll be around for at least one day and am bound to spend an hour or two on the stand whether invited or not :thumbsup:

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Assuming the same as previous years, cars will be required on Thursday as the show opens on Friday and no access is available to the halls to get cars in.

We were there last year on the Thursday from around tea time until around 10:00pm setting the stand up. You are unlikely to be able to get away from the hall before around 7pm on the Sunday.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

You're quite right Dave, any volunteers will need to be prepared to drop their cars off on Thursday afternoon/evening and leave them there until late Sunday night. This will be our first proper outing at the NEC as The Lotus Forums too rather than Lotus Esprit Forum so it'll be nice to think about expanding the display beyond Esprits too.

After expressing a desire to get out more just spoken to Essex 004 and headlights immediately lit up, although I did say you probably won't need an Essex this time round but has asked me to send a message anyway to say will be patiently waiting if required.

I do love the Classic Car Show I go every year. My White S1 is avaliable for the stand

Best Wishes

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

• 1 month later...

Might be interested (except that I'm a bit weary about using the car at that time of year). Sounds fun though. Can't confirm yet. The car usually gets drooled over in public so it'd be a good one for the stand. Immaculate low mileage 1998 GT3 Azure Blue with extras. When roughly will you need committment?

S1 available if required (or even the GT3 if you like)

I'm up to help out over the 3/4 days with or without a show car. :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Please put an Elite on the stand (70's wedgy one, not the original). Every year I go along hoping to see one and - at the risk of offending 99% of the people on here - there are just the usual suspects.

We had a cracking show last year but work commitments and the costs involved mean we can't do it this time. But I'll still pop along for the day and check you out.

• 2 months later...

Laura/Bibs,

I shall be there all three days as Marion has her car on the Matra stand and I will be with the MG Car Club on stand duty with them for a couple of hours each day but am willing to do my bit for TLF so please let me know if/when you want me.

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

As you said Laura, this is the first year of the Lotus Forums instead of the Esprit Forum, so it only proper to have as many different variants as possible.

This is the first year I will be able to attend, and I intend to :) My car is available too :)

How many cars are required for the stand?

So far, all but 1 of the cars offered are Esprit's (well done PierreLP for offering your Elise :) )

Any none Esprit's on Offer? Anyone?

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Dave R, we have a square that'll fit about 4 cars and the tent/tables... that's it!

Dave B, it would be nice to have a variety of cars but it doesn't seem likely with no volunteers as yet. Unfortunately, as much as we'd like to have an Elise on the stand it's difficult to make one fit in the setting of the show.

Please keep volunteering people :)

Classic.........good point! Is the M100 a classic yet? I know we leave M100 banter mostly to LEC ... but they don't have a presence at this show and quite a few LECers are on here as well - so if you want a non-Esprit you'd be welcome to Eleanor.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny