Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HELP! Wont start :( - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

HELP! Wont start :(

Had the car running yesterday and this morning to take to MOT, as I pulled out the drive it stalled , halting the speeding traffic :lol:

Anyway got it back on the drive, when the key is turned the pumps are on but there is no turnover on the starter motor, there is a click from the coil dept, but thats it, I have checked all the leads etc to the dizzy, Not sure what else to do?

Anyone got any ideas? or want to come and help me?

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have tried jumping off another car, so would have thought it would fire up?

Not sure what else to do. :lol:

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

sounds like starter wire broke/come off starter or relay wiring fault. try jumping the starter by putting a possitive straight to the starter. if this wont start it its the starter whats at fault

Hi Rob,

So if I put my booster pack across the starter motor it should spin up? as you say if that works than it must be a wire etc before,

Thanks Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

no dont use booster pack. the small wire on the starter (think its red white stripe) is the ign feed used to send a 12v signal to the starter solenoid when you turn your ign key. you can short a screwdriver from the large cables off your starter (these are 12v and direct from battery) thus giving the required 12v. or use a length of wire direct from + side on battery and toutch the other end onto the starter solenoid terminal. might be a bit akward to get to but it will let you know if the starter is ok or not.

Try giving the starter a gentle tap, there's a big rubber bit on the end just perfect for that, us ea suitable (BIG) hammer. They can get stuck with little / no use, if this works then consider a strip down and grease of the gears and solenoid.

I would go for the red/white wire on the starter too. It has a 1/4" Lucar connector on it, and if it's like mine has no insulating sleeve/boot over it. Mine had corroded and become very loose. It's hard to see the connection from the top and from underneath, but if you try hard enough you'll just about see it ( or feel it ).

Too many Toys are never enough !

She Lives!!, and Rob Daniels wins.

Had a good look round the Ignition feed wire had come off the starter. plugged it back on firmley and it started straight away, Reackon when I bumped down the kerb, it jumped off.

Thanks for the help

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Hi Pete,

Going to try and get her booked in tomorrow

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark