Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 34 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

So, moving in to my new house.  A Very nice place that I should be thrilled to have obtained.  The moving company crew hired to get us there however...  well..   packed just 1 box an hour!   You guessed it, paid by the hour too.  What should have been a morning move across town took 14 hours!   Several damaged goods too.  Very disappointed and disputing all charges until something reasonable can be negotiated.  First and last time I hire someone to carry my stuff.  Honestly we moved most smaller things in advance, and Some stuff stayed since I was hanging back an extra 10 days with the pets until the new place got fences built, etc, so really this was only like a "1/3 rd of my stuff"  move...  And somehow they claim the truck was full up and couldn't finish, so really it was only 80% of 1/3rd of my stuff.  My old place was only like 1500 sq ft??   Sloths could have done it in less than 14 hours.       Never Never again.

When I was moving, I bought a Luton Transit from eBay...used it to store everything in until I finalised the purchase, then drove the stuff there and unloaded it. After that, did a couple more trips with "white goods"...also from eBay...then sold the vehicle for about what I had paid for it. Quite liked the beast ...it got christened l'Escargot Blanc......

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I think I can safely say it's been a bollocky couple of weeks:

American Style fridge freezer died 7 weeks ago.  Compressor.  As usual, it's a couple of months out of warranty...
...the only saving grace is that the compressor has a ten year guarantee from the manufacturer LG.

So, ring LG who put me in touch with "0800 Repairs" (hereafter referred to as 0800 numb-nuts) who are their service partner.  What a shower of shit they turned out to be.

Me: The compressor has gone on my LG Fridge Freezer and they have directed me to you to carry out the guarantee work
0800 numb-nuts:  We'll be the judge of that sir...

Anyhoo, arranged a time when I could be there and they had an engineer available for about six days time.  He turns up as promised, and says "you need a new compressor".  Me: "I know".
He orders one and we arrange for him to come and fit it the following Wednesday.

Tuesday night I get a call from 0800 nn to advise me that the part has arrived and the engineer won't be calling until next week.

Engineer arrives the following week and whilst he's fitting the compressor he let's slip that they hadn't actually ordered the part.  He fits the replacement compressor and toddles off.  48 hours later appliance is still not working, so it's back on the phone to 0800 nn who agree to expedite (which turns out to be utter bollox) a part and we arrange for the following Wednesday.

Yet again, on the Tuesday night they advise me that the part hasn't come in - it's damaged again.  By now, I am losing my shit. 

They arrange another date, I shuffle my diary and again the part arrives "damaged".

After much debate (that's the politest word I can use) they agree to turn up last Friday and the OH (who is not renown for her patience) is at home as I'm away with work.  Engineer fits compressor, does some tests and declares the appliance tits up.  Totally.  Cannot be fixed at all.  

Joy.

To be fair, the above is just irritating, and a good example of the increasingly used misnomer that is "Customer Service" in modern Britain.  First world problem and all that.

Last Thursday, whilst away with work get a message from a friends Wife:  Brain cancer, aggressive and Malignant. He's genuinely one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet and has been with his wife since they were 18 years old.  Genuinely knocked for six by this.  And a bit angry if I'm honest.

Last Sunday whilst towing the horse box jobby, the OH drives into a low bollard and rips the FNS wheel arch trim off her Disco.  Again though, this is just stuff.

To top it all, yesterday I lost my Aunty Bronwen.  Bron was always the life and soul of the party and, despite being dealt with some pretty shitty cards through her life, always had a smile and hug for everyone.  She was a "glass half full, and how about I get you some ice" kind of lady.

So, today I took stock of all this - and yes, it made me unhappy.

Off to meet the Hants massive now and talk Lotus and Cars and stuff with a couple of pints.

Very sorry to hear this Jacques. I lost my father to cancer 20 years ago but never a day goes by when i don't think of him and I hope you experience the same.

Thoughts are with you Jacques.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

My condolences to you and your family. I got a call a few days ago from my father who'd just been admitted to the hospital with a partially collapsed lung, but he had/has no risk factors. He was just released today, but you just never know what might affect your health. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.  

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Condolences Jacques.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Condolences Jacques. Lost both of my in-laws to the Big C. My mother-n-law to a new cancer that no-one had seen before and father-in-law to prostate. Not nice any way.

Anyway, back to the topic.

IDIOTS, yes IDIOTS, that spit their bubble gum or chewing gum onto the ground for other people to step in! A bin is not hard to spit it in you IDIOT! :rant:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Condolences Jacques. I lost my dear mum to cancer 4 months ago - I don't think time heals but rather it makes the pain easier to bear. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Desperate stuff, Jacques....my Dad went at 57 through smoking; dropped dead on the evening of my brother's wedding. I've had prostate cancer since 2006, still here.... got a winter of chemo coming up. I can recommend the Water Buffalo coping method....put your head down and plod steadily forwards.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Try staying in Gravesend - they do it all night as well as all day. After a 4 day visit (Brands Hatch weekend) I was so tired through lack of sleep that when I left I curbed a wheel on the Esprit trying to avoid a sleeping policemen :angry:, won't be bringing the Esprit back to Gravesend any time soon.