Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 76 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Bit worried about the use of the word comrade when denying allegiance to Corbyn

• Love 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Shalom @pete

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

These were some of the better bits. Chipboard soffits, plasterboard run to the outside on window reveals and then rendered,insulation where fitted in bits as small as 300mm square and the list goes on. 

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Just waiting for the thaw in the Midwest - it's been a longer winter than expected.  My car needs a minor tune up and it's speedometer needs to rebuilt.  Using my GPS as a speedometer temporary.

But what makes me unhappy is the Mueller report.   I had hoped for an indictment, but now we appeared to be (as you gentlemen say) buggered.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

I took it out for a brilliant drive Saturday afternoon, sunshine, roof off :cool: arrived home and parked it on the drive. An hour or so later I went out to put it back in the garage and when I pressed the starter button, absolutely nothing happened - silence. Everything seems to work - ignition lights come on, fuel pump primes, but when you press the start button, nothing. My first thought was immobilser so I grabbed the spare key but still got the same result.

I pushed it back into the garage and left it until this morning to call Lotus Recovery. An AA van turned up very promptly but it still wouldn't come to life. He doesn't think it's the immobiliser as you can hear the fuel pump prime when you press the immobilser button, but he couldn't detect any current getting to the starter motor, so it's probably either a dodgy starter switch or a break in the connection between the switch and motor.

During his various tests he did detect a blown fuse which seemed completely unconnected to the problem (auxillary port fuse) so replaced it anyway, but as expected that made no difference to the starting problem. He eventually had to admit defeat and call for a recovery truck, so it's been taken to Strattons my nearest Lotus dealer.

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, bogle said:

Just waiting for the thaw in the Midwest - it's been a longer winter than expected.  My car needs a minor tune up and it's speedometer needs to rebuilt.  Using my GPS as a speedometer temporary.

But what makes me unhappy is the Mueller report.   I had hoped for an indictment, but now we appeared to be (as you gentlemen say) buggered.

Mueller.jpg

Neal,

Sorry to hear that your Elise's starter (or whatever it may end up to be) isn't working properly.  That's an excellent run time of 22 years though!  I'm sure you'll let everyone know the solution when it's found.

1 minute ago, DaveC72 said:

Mueller.jpg

Perfect! Yep, the Big Fish got away from Mueller this time.  The Southern District courts still have their poles in the dark abyss.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Just been forced off the road into the central reservation in the Esprit at 80mph - still shaking. The car undertook after tailgating me and then forced me off the road ( I was behind the van so I was not exactly causing an obstruction). Does anyone know how to enhance an image to get the number plate. It has been reported to the Police but I don't have the registration.

Picture of the guy attached.

Fortunately there does not seem to be any damage to the car but he got within a couple of inches of the side of the car before I had to swerve into the central reservation.

WP_20190326_12_44_59_Pro (2).jpg

• Sad 1

Is it the BMW X3/X5/X6? or the Miata/BMW 328 (or whatever it is) in the left lane?  I tried my LightRoom software and can't read it.  My local police department doesn't have the software necessary to reconstruct missing pixel information

Edited by bogle
remove bottom line from previous post.

Just now, march said:

@Bibs - Thanks for trying.  I must admit I didn't hold out much hope. Now desperately looking for a very good dashcam - Anyone have any recommendations?

I like my Nextbase 512GW. Great quality considering the price. Running it for 2 years now, no issues yet! 

2 hours ago, bogle said:

Is it the BMW X3/X5/X6? or the Miata/BMW 328 (or whatever it is) in the left lane?  I tried my LightRoom software and can't read it.  My local police department doesn't have the software necessary to reconstruct missing pixel information

Thanks for trying - it's the BMW X5