Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coffee? - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coffee?

Bibs

• 1 year later...

Haha, no, it's not but it's delicious. Really, really nice tasting coffee!

Hilariously, this is one of hasbeans most expensive roasts and a small bag only costs £6 and will probably do me for 40+ coffees, freshly ground in the machine and as good as it gets. Makes Starbucks et all look a bit rubbish in terms of value and indeed taste.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Must admit that since I've been on my diet I've had to come off tea with milk and sugar, and tea tastes vile without sugar and milk so now on Black coffee no sugar.

My instant coffee of choice is Kenco Millicano http://www.kenco.co.uk/range/kenco-millicano/685

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I've just bought a Delonghi Prima Donna Avant bean to cup machine and have to say it produces a really nice cup of coffee with more adjustments to strength etc than you can possibly imagine and it produces a perfect cup every time. I'm currently mixing the following beans Italian roast 4 with Columbian 3 with an Arbica 3 the result is a smooth full flavour with no bitterness. I never go into Costa or Starbucks now

Currently enjoying the delights of Bolovia Finca Machacamarca de Berengula from hasbean.co.uk - finest coffee known to man I think :thumbsup:

I'm still in the early stages of coffee drinking so I've just bought some of these beans to try.

Hasbean do some lovely coffees. I've got some Guatemala El Bosque Amatitlan Red Bourbon to try next :D

Oh, and having just had a discussion with Steve @ Hasbean and he's going to arrange a discount for full members @ Hasbean :thumbsup:

He spent 4 days in Bolivia last year picking that coffee and has a knowledge and passion for the beans, great company!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just into coffee, bought a delongi bean to coffee machine, it's expensive to buy but the coffee is fantastic. Only have one cup a day, not sure what beans to buy yet but it does a great cappachino.

Well worth the money, we originally had a cheap £99 pound machine but it needed per ground coffee, and it was a pain to use. The smell of fresh coffee is the bedtime part.DAVE

The package from HasBean arrived this morning but have had a hectic day with the Esprit and its MOT ( new form of MOT certificate now) then the rugby so I'll have to try the coffee Sunday morning quickest delivery ever!

I used to be very addicted to caffeine, but it also trigger migraines so I've now got it down to constant (ish) amount each day, whenever I cut it don it gives me a blinding headache, too much and I get a migraine. I try and have one large real coffee a day. I used to love grinding the beans in a hand mill. The smell was probably as good as the drinking of the coffee. My last purchase of coffee was at Tea Junction on Christmas eve, one bag of that has gone and I think the other is down to one or two last uses so I may just try some from Hasbeen.

It's funny you should mention the effect of coffee because whenever I go into a meeting at a clients premises I always try to check if they have one of those 'company' coffee machines where the coffee is kept warm on top of the unit. As I've found that gives me such a caffine jolt I nearly walk on the ceiling 10 minutes after drinking it followed by a headache later in the day.

I listened to an interesting radio interview with Andrew Loog Oldham ( he was one time manager of the Rolling Stones and a man who knew how to party) about coffee because coffee got a bad press a while ago and he had done a bit of research into it and had concluded that coffee had the ability to shift the bile that builds up in the body and did have positive health benefits. But of course you could conclude that these scares/advise from so called experts over a period of 30 plus years that I have been 'listening' to them draws me to the conclusion that most of these scientific experts don't know there arse from their elbows and contradict their own advise every 10 years or so. As someone who was brought up in a family where we drank gallons of gold top milk day and my dad had 1/4 of an inch of butter on his toast but he lived to a ripe old age and helped me in my early days as a roofing contractor when he was 70+ I've concluded you should enjoy but not over indulge in what you enjoy.

I have colleagues who do not even work in the same business as me but interact with me occasionally, they ask if I've had my coffee yet, if the answer is "No" they say it's not urgent and they'll call later. I think that indicated pre-coffee Andy is not good to interact with.

Tried the coffee from Hasbean and it has a very nice taste do you drink yours black or Cappuccino?. Could I suggest a favourite of mine its Ethiopian Mocha Djima as getting Mattari beans these day is near impossible, both have this wonderful chocolate after taste. Again I've done a blend with the grinding between medium and fine and the setting on standard flavour (Delonghi machine) of Taylors Italian 4, Morrisons Fairtrade Columbian 3 and the above coffee Ethiopian Mocha it may sound like I have too much time on my hands buggering around with blends but the flavour is second to none.

I can't function without my morning coffee, usually pre ground Lavazza made in a Gaggia machine. I drink a couple of cups, ( black ), at breakfast, no more though, that's enough to get the day started.

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• 1 month later...

Interesting, and I bet you could buy a secondhand Lotus for the money it costs. So much for me storing my beans in a dark cupboard and only putting enough in the machine for each serving.

I love my coffee, ever since I started taking it black and with no sugar, you really notice the difference between roasts or beans (for ground coffee). I just can't get excited about a machine though. As long as it dispenses coffee that'll do me.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I love my coffee, ever since I started taking it black and with no sugar, you really notice the difference between roasts or beans (for ground coffee). I just can't get excited about a machine though. As long as it dispenses coffee that'll do me.

I love blending my beans, you get such nice combinations currently my favourite is Morrisons fair trade Columbian 3 Taylors Rich Italian 4 then Hasbeans blend mentioned before. All I do is mix equal portions of each in a bowl mix them up then store in a jar and just vary the quantities if too strong. My wife says I have too much time on my hands and spend it farting around with such things, but hey she's a woman.

Lol David. I just buy the different instant "Pure beans". But wendy bought a perculator the other day and have tried some "proper coffee". Not got the mix right yet I think as my spoon tends to stand up in it...that or it looks like slightly muddy water and tastes like it :)

Let me know when you're in the area, although I started back working on-site now because I've put on over a stone as I still eat steaks on my barbie etc and of course not doing any physical work has caused this problem and I don't do Gyms far too trendy for me, so I'm only around a few days during the week (well I can't go doing a five day week it would kill me as I don't think I have ever done that anyway)