Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in Secret Talks with Renault regarding 2011 Engine. - Page 3 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in Secret Talks with Renault regarding 2011 Engine.

Bibs

I think I have a solution to the chemistry professor issue, literally. Those acids he keeps in the laboratory come in very handy at times like these. :devil: Maybe I've said too much. :ermm: Gotta go. :whistle:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent yesterday at Silverstone at 'World Series'by Renault, a whole weekend of racing and other stuff all Renault based - and free!. What impressed me most was the commitment and strength in depth that Renault have invested in motorsport - 3.0L and 3.5L single seat formula, several Junior series, Megan and Clio Cup etc etc. They run these weekends all over Europe and offer free tickets to anyone who can book in time. This also exposes a 'non-traditional' Petrol Head to the sport which can only broaden its appeal. The demo laps of last year's F1 car were awesome.

The point I'm making is that Lotus can only benefit hugely from teaming up with Renault. Roll on 2011.

When were you there Bibs?

Best part of the day was the drive down there (picking up my brother-in-law Mark in Sheffield on the way down on Saturday) and getting back home past midnight last night - the Esprit was awesome, never missed a beat despite torrential rain North of Newcastle.

My brother-in-law had a 'welcome to my world' moment as we prepared to leave as he was sat in the car. As well as the usual 'can we take a photo mister' from young lads, a leggy blonde came over and asked if she could sit in the driver's seat whilst her boyfriend took a few pictures. Obviously I agreed but Mark was somewhat bemused....