Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus ‘accidentally’ leaks email containing info on Paris-bound cars: Evora S and Auto in the list! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus ‘accidentally’ leaks email containing info on Paris-bound cars: Evora S and Auto in the list!

bingoking

Can you believe it......?

http://www.icars.sg/...to-in-the-list/

According to the "leaked" email, testing of the Evora S and Auto starts from tomorrow on the Nordschleife.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It got deleted as far as my deleted items and is still there. I read it and thought it was odd as it's an 'alleged' internal email but reads like it's meant to be read by others. All the same, I was asked to delete it so deleted it is. I even posted up a topic on here and deleted that!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Read the bit about the new Evoras testing at the Ring and just happened to catch this on this on the Ring web cam. :D

(though it looks like an open track so may just be someone having fun in their Evora )

post-613-057851000 1281977538.png

Was it really an accidental leak or was it leaked willingly! I see nothing really shocking in this email! The autobox and a more powerful Evora were due this year! So we're getting the S model and the autobox! Surprise, surprise!

I hope the S will be somewhat lighter than the regular Evora! Will that S be supercharged or a normally aspirated?

Now I wonder which autobox Lotus was able to acquire/source from Toyota! Which tranny could be used with a transaxle layout!?

Edited by NedaSay

Pistonheads headline-

LOTUS EMAIL REVEALS, OH, WHATEVER...

More PR shenanigans from the Lotus crazy gang

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Well for my tuppence worth I was sent the Pistonheads link offshore in Gulf Of Mexico where I am at present by about 3 friends today and immediately thought that was never an internal company document. Just doesn't read right for that. To me it is purely bull$hit or as they say - clever PR.

They know they need the 'ring lap times for all the press releases and it is the accepted standard for these types of cars. They are going testing tomorrow, and they know no longer any chance of secrecy so they do this. That way they get a bit of pre-event hype and build up and they undermine the spy snappers as this means they themselves can 'allow' testing photos to be 'secretly released' onto the forums etc. In fact it will generate even more photos of the cars on the interwebby thing.

Because we are all talking about it we will inevitably now all go looking for more titbits over next few weeks.

Simples.:tumbleweed:

Anyway roll on Paris though! Shame I will be back here for that though by about 2 days.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I'm quite excited about this, and held back from buying an NA one in the hope a big BHP version would come along, and I know others did too.

I just hope that...

1) It's got a few cosmetic mods

2) It's as fast as I hope it will be

3) It's not as expensive as I fear it will be (£65k)

Interesting article with so much more information than the missend PR mail told us ...

Underlined the hightlights : http://www.lotusforum.be/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2572

Source : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10849692

In this article "new projects" :

- new Esprit

- new Seven (as new 340R?)

- hybrid 2 door

- hybrid 4 door

Lotus should have a version of the city car that Proton unveiled at Geneva which was designed by Giugiaro!

Now the 4 door hybrid does sound like a direct competitor to Tesla S and Fisker Karma - Both these cars are quite stunning especially the Fisker - and probably to a lesser level Panamera, Quattroporte, Rapide... If they did it I really hope that Donato Coco and Russel Car brought their 'A' game! :wacko:

Well for my tuppence worth I was sent the Pistonheads link offshore in Gulf Of Mexico where I am at present by about 3 friends today and immediately thought that was never an internal company document. Just doesn't read right for that. To me it is purely bull$hit or as they say - clever PR.

Al.

After my original post I did read the "leaked" email and it did smack of being a pure PR stunt and was meant to be read by others.

A few more "scoop" pics of the Evora at Nurburgring.

CLICKY for Pistonspy photographs

Not very inspiring with no modifications over the current car. I am sure there will be a better new rear diffuser than the one shown in the photographs.

I would also have expected a different exhaust pipe similar to the Exige and Elise supercharged engines, i.e oval, or the like the one on the Carbon Concept car at Geneva this year.

4414541787_3d653b8611_z.jpg

Maybe the Red car is the Auto box and not the S.

Anyway, as you say Al. we are all talking about it and the scoop photographs just add to the intrigue.

What we need now is a "leaked" scoop of the new Esprit 4 door! whistle.gif

• Like 1