Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ant lock flashing light - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ant lock flashing light

With a copper sealing washer too as there is no shoulder recess to use an o-ring on to seal as per original unit..

With a copper sealing washer too as there is no shoulder recess to use an o-ring on to seal as per original unit..

I put a GM 25528382 into mine - retrofits the old unit without modification.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25528382-Pressure-Accumulator/dp/B000C9LTRC

You can also get it at GMPartsdirect:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=25528382

The reviews seem to be mixed as a lot of folks had units made in "West Germany" !!!

Mine wasn't one of these however and *knock on wood* seems to work like a charm.

Otherwise of course the Rover alternative mentioned above is also valid! Never wrong with a few different options.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

just had a look at the Amazon link above and also mentioned in the customers also bought section is a delco brake pressure switch, is this the missing one for our cars?

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25533700-Pressure-Warning-Switch/dp/B000C9NGPK/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_y

A copper washer can be bought at any car parts place, usually theyll have a selection box they can match a suitable sized one from, just take the new accumulator along..

Cheers Darren.  I replaced the front nearside abs sensor today and that cured that fault.  I am now getting a flashing ABS light and still a code 62, so reckon it's the accumulator unless you know different?  I will bring it along to Hill Top next week so you can have a look see if you dont mind.

• 1 month later...

finally got abs accum fitted today (island4x4) £97 delivered, i did have a problem with the system spurting fluid all over the place when i took it off (yes i had done 50 pumps on the pedal), after fitting the pump ran for about 40 seconds and sounded different and the pump aint running everytime i press the pedal

do you think it will need bleeding the pedal if firm?

cheers martin

• 5 months later...

i finally took the car out yesterday and it seems like its developed another fault ,when i brake hard the abs unit starts acting as if the wheels are locking up and releaseing pressure ,and there is no fault on the espritmon any thoughts ?

when i brake hard the abs unit starts acting as if the wheels are locking up and releaseing pressure ,and there is no fault on the espritmon any thoughts ?

If it feels as if the brakes have failed as the pedal sinks to the floor & then comes back & does it again then it's probably the ABS working as intended.  :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

If it feels as if the brakes have failed as the pedal sinks to the floor & then comes back & does it again then it's probably the ABS working as intended.  :thumbup:

OK, maybe a slight exaggeration, but when it happens your first thought is OH, SH1T !!!   :shock:

Cheers,

John W

just ran it along road at 30moh approx and when the wheels lock (the front ) the abs does not release them straight away i have about a 1 metre black line from tyres before the abs releases and  puts them on again and another 1 metre black line . on a normal car its like a instant on and off effect when abs activates

Edited by hunters

Change your accumulator - that's what did it for me. Pump no longer runs ever press - more like every 5-6 presses.

Code 62 also triggers (IIRC) when you have pump run times shorter than 1,7 seconds at any time - also a sign of a duff accumulator.

Good luck!

Thanks for the amazon tip and the part number, it worked for me. $125 and two day shipping with Prime and the Esprit is back to normal. Mine got the dreaded flashing abs light, pump ran every other brake application and fizzy brake fluid in the aft chamber after depressurizing. New accumulator went right on, came with the oring and only had to bleed the master cylinder a bit, pumped the accumulator up and down a few times and she's good as new.

A quick test drive after the snow melted here in the south Puget Sound and klaar is Kees!

• Like 2

"Klaar is Kees" is a dutch expression, just curious what's your connection with the Netherlands?

I worked for DHL in Brussels (actually European Air Transport, their airline) back in the early nineties. I was the Manager of aircraft maintenance there for 5 years. My wife and I attended vlaams les elke mandaag avond for those years. My Flemish is bad now, but some things we've never lost, like "klaar is kees". We lived in Tervuren and were among the few Americans that learned the language, had lots of friends there (still do). We used to sail our little boat on the Oosterschelde in the summer. We truly enjoyed out time there.

Today was a great morning to drive to work on I-5, all of the Boeing workers off for the holidays, so no traffic and a nice 70+ mph cruise in to work! Life's good!

Edited by Jphoenix13