Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HiSpec pads rattling - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

HiSpec pads rattling

I have a set of 4 Pot HiSpec front calipers fitted, the brake pads rattle like mad, the rods are fitted along with the small clips so they wont fall out, but am I missing an "anti rattle clip" ?

Anyone know?

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which pads you using? This was happening on my old hi spec 4pots too. Drove me mad.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Not to sure what they are, as they came with the calipers used, I have set of pagid that I can stick on, at first I thought Sh!t the hubs are loose, but all is tight, the pads just rattle.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hi,

Yep I have a feeling they may be hawk Pads

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Best put the Pagids in Christopher :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yep may do, but they say for track use only, not sure if I would get enough heat in them.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

I run the Hi-Spec 4pots with Hawk pads - no rattle here - unless the wheel is not seated on the hub before tightening down... ;0

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

...and I've not been aware of mine rattling at all either (HiSpec and Mintex). No special springs or anything in there, just the pads, pins and pin clips. I did copper grease the back of the pad - but as you no doubt know that's really to stop sqealing rather than rattling.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny