Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IPS Optional Gearbox - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IPS Optional Gearbox

Getting all excited about the Evora S but can't seem to find anything about the IPS (Intelligent Precision Shift) option.

Is this a clutchless auto box (like the BMW step-tronic) or a electronically controlled manual box (like the BMW DSG system)?

Is it a preselect system? What are the upshift and downshift times? Does it autoblip on downshifts?

Basically does anybody know anything about it or able to point me to where I might find the information?

Thanks in anticipation

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The IPS is a Toyota sourced 6 speed torque convertor autobox with sequential mode! In other words it's a classic autobox not a Dual clutch automated manual!

This is the results of my online research so I may be completely wrong but the AB60F seems to be the model. It does match the requirements for the engine configuration i.e V6 transaxle! Lotus could only pick that gearbox and not the brand new toyota eight speed auto! However and that's a long shot maybe Lotus was able to get its hand on the LFA 6 speed gearbox and its 200ms upshifts!

I hope Lotus really worked on that gearbox cause it was not blipping fast, it is all relative of course, but the comparison with Porsche PDK, Audi DSG or BMW DKG may hurt plenty!

Edited by NedaSay

"Please note that due to gearbox limitation, the max rev limit on Evora fitted with Lotus IPS is 6500 rpm. The additional rev limit usually available by pressing the Sport button is therefore cancelled in order to preserve the car."

still want further infos ? :thumbdown:

Interesting - where did this information come from, could I ask?

As the Evora would be a replacement road car (plan on keeping the 2-11 for the track), the extra few hundred revs at the top end would be less important to me although it is a little disappoining.

There was a car at the TLF factory tour last October (parked next to where everyone was eating!)

When I asked, I was told it was a standard toyota slushbox, but with electronics sharpenned to give a more satisfying shift.

Will be interesting to see if the supercharged car comes in manual & auto, as the Aurion that has this supercharged engine is auto only in its home market

Will be interesting to see if the supercharged car comes in manual & auto, as the Aurion that has this supercharged engine is auto only in its home market

The information in the press release says that the Evora S will be availabe in manual and optionally with IPS.

Just need them to rip out those pointless rear seats now!

Ah yes seems like the Evora IPS is a different model (and only 280PS).

Oh well, looks like I will need to find a different manufacturer if I want a paddle shift with more than 300PS, and certainly less interested if the IPS is a slushmatic with some whizzo electronics (press downshift button, wait 2 seconds, gear engages, now just got to build up RPM, ...and accelerate).

2+0 option is heading the right way though!