Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Damper Program - Spring Rates? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Damper Program - Spring Rates?

Does anyone know the springs rates and lengths Lotus is using for the 4-bangers as part of their Damper Program?

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but was never given any numbers. My car was used as part of the development and I do know that different models (SE, S4s, GT3, V8 etc) were all tuned with different spring and damper ratings.

Well.... the springs are different for the 4 bangers, but the dampers are the same, right?

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Anyone else know?

Not sure this link will work, but give it a try

Spring rate

Or try a search "spring rate" and you should bring it up, not the full answer, but a good start.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It's confidential, Lotus spent a lot of money on that program and won't release the info understandably. I have asked!

It can be measured quite easily, I think. Perhaps if I get them I'll bother to do it. ....but, yeah, thanks for dashing my hopes, Bibs. ;)

Not sure this link will work, but give it a try

Spring rate

Or try a search "spring rate" and you should bring it up, not the full answer, but a good start.

Thanks MY post you're referring to. :)

They were great in Atlanta, but since I've moved the car up north I'm finding them way too harsh on these awful roads so I'm thinking about changing the springs out.

The car is actually at a shop now and they are supposed to do some tuning for me. We'll see how that goes.

If you have double adjustables, what do have the "Bump" settings on?

For road use these should be minimal so if they're not at zero try winding them off and judge the result.

You've obviously spent good money on good gear, so it would be a pity to throw it away if you can find the right settings with what you have.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)