Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Christmas Party - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Christmas Party

Simon350S

So, the time is rushing up on us fast and maybe its worth getting the ball rolling sooner rather than later!

Are there any plans already in place Bibaloo? If anyone would like a change of scenery from London and fancies an evening out in Cardiff instead I'm sure I could get something arranged, maybe that'll take the pressure off the usual event organisers for a change, although I do realise its a long old way for many people to travel.

Would be good to see a big old crowd this year with some new faces, I've really enjoyed the bashes over the years, especially the trips into london, abusing the carnival stall workers and trying to jump horse on the merry go round! I don't get a works Christmas party any more, haven't done for years, so this is my only festive time treat.

Clearly this is very early days with no date fixed but a show of hands from those possibly interested would be great.

It won't be on a tuesday night in the AEG area so you guys over there should be able to come without too much discussion :harhar:

Party on dudes :cheers::beer::wine:

Chunky Lover

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done on taking the initiative Simon.

If we can fix on either London or Cardiff, and a date at this stage, I should be able to buy some cheap Ryan Air thingy and join in.

Hopefully see you soon!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

• Gold FFM

I'm in (flying duties permitting). But you need to keep your hands to yourself this year, Simon. I'm a married man.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

This would indeed be the same event as the one Bibs organised last year.

Bibs has now moved from East Malling so it wouldn't be there again, its far too far for him to travel from West Malling now :)

I'd assumed Bibs might want a break also from both the organising and the having tonnes of people sleeping on his comfy sofas although that is an assumption and maybe one he can clarify himself.

I know London is more central for lots of people, the suggestion of Cardiff was just for a change I could sort out a better night out due to familiarisation of the area. I ain't a London lad ya know geezer! Everyone will preffer it to be local to them, I want this to appeal to as many people as possible, maybe getting out of the area will appeal to some, a night away in a hotel etc.... This doesn't have to be a bring your Lotus party...

I'm not favouring a sit down meal and some drinks in a hotel somewhere as it can get a little booring, a city with a bit of life, christmas festivals and lots of bar options and things to do sounds much more appealing.... I can't organise something like that in London as I wouldn't have a clue where to go, unless I start googling now, but it could end up being a disjointed badly organised mess..

eekk.... this is starting to sound like the AEG event organising already....! :)

I will set a date and venue later today. I would preffer as much input from everyone before then. It will likely be the week between Christmas and New Year, its the time when most seem to be off.

Chris & Mat

If there are any dates you can not specifically make then please let me know via PM, it'd be great to have you both there along with any of our other foreign friends from afar

Chunky Lover

Sat 4th or 18th dec are good for me. Have car, will travel but driving in London would be a mare for me.

Have a meal in the afternoon and party in the eveining in various drinking locations, we could be dangerous and go to a night club (imagine us a bunch of portly beardy middle aged car enthusiasts rocking in a night club of lucious young hot totty -ahh firm hot totty to ogle with beer specs)

• Gold FFM

Simon,

I will PM you in a few days. However looking at my schedule at the moment anytime in the first two weeks of the December works better for me. I have my private holiday gathering at my one house in Connecticut scheduled for the 18th already.

Speak soon,

Christopher

• Gold FFM

Well, I've certainly had a few experiences at the Horns over the years. :unsure:

I'm easy, but my schedule, as always this year, is governed by external sources. Whatever's arranged, I'll try and be there!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Oooh yah. Friday night is, well, 'mature' night.

Well, I've certainly had a few experiences at the Horns over the years. :unsure:

I'm easy, but ...

Falls over in amazement

Oooh yah. Friday night is, well, 'mature' night.

That coming from you..... And they're still alive?

Just keep setting 'em up mate.

As i supply the retail trade, the earlier in December the better, otherwise I will be a non attendee. Im good for any destination but can only commit when dates are confirmed. Look forward to seeing you all hopefully :)

Just thought, Sarah will want to got to :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Taking all into account, Saturday 4th is the date.

This is now set in stone. Ish

Bibs can you make it on this date? Seems the best for all others with kids but can't for the life of me remember your schedule but I have a strange incling your a first weekend of the month guy? Would be odd if you couldn't make it! LOL

I'm still to decide on venue, I will try and confirm this tomorrow evening after much though.

Chunky Lover

If it's Cardiff we could all get messy and stay in a hotel. The mrs has been asking me to go away for a weekend....I mean asking when I'm going away for a Lotus weekend.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

^^^^ :hrhr:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein