Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tool kits - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tool kits

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I ever has was an empty tool roll bag in mine!

I think the service parts list will show you the contents of the tool kit and any change over points. Strangely the plasic case is shown in my S3 parts list (p60.01) but not the contents/layout, it only shows the contents of the tool roll.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

My S4 had a toolkit - complete, even - until it "walked away" one day.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Cheers again everyone,

you're quite correct about the kits going walkabout, it seems to happen quite a lot.

the tools are Manufactured by Heyco, the penknife by solingen (BARLOW SOLINGEN).

I recall Lotus getting rid of the last few tools at the auto jumble aspect of the Hethel Aftersales.

If anyone requires the lotus part numbers, they are in the Elan parts manual.

And......

Thanks for the offer Bibs......He never changes

TTFN

• 8 months later...

Would anyone have another Lotus part number for the 4mm Heyco allen key, or even a Heyco Pt No for that matter.

I know the Elan Pt No for the allen key is A100T6005H (Now obsolete, was £1.35)

The full kit for the Elan is B100T6018H, whilst the same kit for the V8 Esprit is A082T4016F, Is the V8 Esprit kit broken down into component parts any where?

I know it would be so easy to throw any old 4mm allen key in there, but I thought I'd ask...

TTFN

Would anyone have another Lotus part number for the 4mm Heyco allen key, or even a Heyco Pt No for that matter.I know the Elan Pt No for the allen key is A100T6005H (Now obsolete, was £1.35)The full kit for the Elan is B100T6018H, whilst the same kit for the V8 Esprit is A082T4016F, Is the V8 Esprit kit broken down into component parts any where?I know it would be so easy to throw any old 4mm allen key in there, but I thought I'd ask...TTFN

Try

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/company.cfm?company=627584

My kit had some tools missing when I bought the car. After a few years of trying to get the correct tools I found this mob. They were able to supply the correct pieces for the OEM tool case. That was back in 2004 or '05 but worth a call.

DanR

My 1986 S3 and 1980 Essex both have their original tool kits. The Essex is a roll and the S3 is in a small black plastic case like the right hand one photographed at the top of the thread.

• Gold FFM

I have the original toolkit in mine. Well what was in it when I bought it anyway. Plastic case with 3 different size open enders, flat blade and phillips screwdriver and some other bits I can't recall ATM. (alzheimers) All Heyco.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The "walking toolkit" is very much a Lotus Esprit disease. Mine had been ill when I got it. In fact it was also missing the battery cover box and the battery was not even fixed! A Clugstonite (MOT-immuned) disease, I'm told...

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

Try

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/company.cfm?company=627584

My kit had some tools missing when I bought the car. After a few years of trying to get the correct tools I found this mob. They were able to supply the correct pieces for the OEM tool case. That was back in 2004 or '05 but worth a call.

I'll give them ago and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

TTFN