Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anybody watch Discovery channel tonight? QE3 - Technology & Gaming - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anybody watch Discovery channel tonight? QE3

Al

I have looked for Marks previous posting on this subject but cannot find it to add to it.

1 Hour special on the new Queen Elizabeth. Mark's masterpiece wood veneer grand staircase mural was given big attention. Mark was interviewed. Some other prat stole his limelight however coz he was more famous and related to Liz.

I was watching from a professional education perspective & also because it was an amazing engineering feat that I find hard to believe they achieved. Nothing but total professional praise there has to be said. The average ship yard would really struggle with that supertight timeline.

However did anybody notice you never once saw inside one of the cabins. I thought that really strange and my wife who had sat through "yet more ship stuff" was really disappointed as one of the main things she was hoping to see. Did you get to see one Mark, or even photograph? The public spaces including your mural or whatever it should be called looked lovely.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too looked for Marks previous post and was unable to find it.

I watched the programme last week, very interesting, and good to see Mark there.

The only disappointing aspect of it all, was they they were unable to build it here in the UK...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Thanks Bibs. I did use the search function with various searches and actually started looking through that thread as well but gave up. I think on hindsight maybe too much in the search!

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

You can search a specific thread for a term, that's how I found the post in 57 pages. The search box up top is location sensitive, it knows what you're looking at and changes so if you scroll up now you'll see it says 'search this topic'.

Some more pics of Mark's work are here too.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks bibs. Good to know. See it now. I was searching the whole Forum and either pulled up too many references as too wide a search or none! I had seen that Mark had posted in the other thread. Wondered where he had been.

Very nice. Lucky you. Are they as nice as the rest of the ship or just the usual cruise ship rabbit hutch? Any photographs?

The rooms are good. The joinery and fittings aren't up to much, looks a bit cheap. Our room was an ok size (we had a Britannia Club Balcony) but I've heard some of the rooms are rabbit hutches as you say. Here's a link the the rooms: Clicky