Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I don t like............. - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I don t like.............

Loteuk

76. Cyclists in Cambridge who believe that red lights, no entry/one way signs etc don't apply to them, that all drivers are telepathic and will sense when they are about to jump off the pavement without looking, and who also believe that they don't need to use lights in the winter and that pedalling about in dark clothing is sensible.

77. Motorists in Cambridge who have no conception of how to drive in the presence of cyclists - the unbroken white lines on the road on that railway bridge crest are there for a reason. They mean do not cross the white line, not "do not cross the white line unless you're overtaking a cyclist in which case it's OK and never mind the fact that you are completely unsighted and there may be another vehicle about to appear over the crest coming the other way". AND - car drivers - cyclists are another road user just like other cars, buses, trucks and motorcyclists - so why the hell do you try and overtake them on blind bends, or when there are parked cars on both sides of the road and you can't see (or worse, you can clearly see!) what's coming the other way?!

Spleen vented; off to lie down in a darkened room.

78 shop staff who serve the customer a meal or freshly made sandwich laced with the germs on their hands from the cash they just put in the till

79 the tyre place who tell me its not the tracking - " they all wear like that, its the roundabouts that cause the wear on that side "

80 the tyre place who, after I insisted they just check, came back with " yep, its 5mm out " !!??!mad.gif

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

Cambridge...ah yes the place I travel through every day...and every day I see the same idiots on two wheels without engines who think Brooklands Avenue is Brooklands motor circuit or that the lights at the Catholic Church are Xmas Decorations or that it is fun to cycle the wrong way up Trinity Street....without lights on, wearing dark clothing. Don't start me on driving or cycling in Cambridge...please...or we can have this run well over 100 " I don't likes"

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

82. For Dom...drivers on the Madingley Road who think it fun to use the bus lane at the bottom instead of waiting at the lights by the bridge over the M11. Dom and I could go on about the A14, so if you don't live in our glorious part of the world think yourselves blessed.

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

83 people who show the machine to repair in the garage tell me its cold and then dont even offer me a cuppa tea

84 people who make themself a cup of tea while I'm in the kitchen repairing the machine and they dont even ask if i want a cup

85 people who ask if i want a cup of tea,and when i say no sugar I get the old "SWEET ENOUGH then",and they say like I've never heard it before,ha ha only 1,0000000000 times B4

86 off the tea thing , pop stars,singers etc etc who say CHEW instead of YOU

87 Water saving toilets that never flush the crap away

88 'Quality' Drill bits that snap the first time you use them

89 Facebook and Twitter

90 Australian Camp Sites

91 Sarah 'Im always pregnant' Beany who seems to be on every Aussy TV channel simultaneously these days.

92 British Airways for charging for more than one bag on an international flight.

93 Aussie's who think English people only drink warm beer.

Too many Toys are never enough !

95 Irritating little worms who must overtake because it's a Lotus, only to slow up and hold you up once in front. (need some James Bond canons)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

96 The pillock in the SS kitted Holden Commodore who overtook me on a straight road only to go through the roundabout on the entry road into our estate at 25km/h FFS!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad:

97 The client company that the engineering firm I work for contracts to that seem to promote people based on their exceptional level of incompetence. :realmad:

98 Children that have the attitude that they know more than the 48 years of experience I have at life.

99 Wives that look at you and say " I told you last week about this. Don't you remember?"

and

100 My inability to work out what I want to do with my life. I greatly fear I will run out of life way before I work out what I really want to do with it.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Michael....your point 100. May I recommend the "scatter gun" approach? Forget about trying to find what you really want to do....have a crack at everything you can!! Then, once you've done enough of each thing to satisfy yourself....go off and do something else. That way, you don't get bored or stuck in a rut, learn all sorts of assorted stuff, and don't limit yourself. Worked/works for me!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

On point 99, I think you'll find you are always in trouble, but she just hasn't bothered to tell you why yet. :wallbash:

Too many Toys are never enough !

Things for Michael to do with his life:

A. Find a cure for cancer.

B. Build a fusion reactor.

C. Find what dark matter is made of.

D. Design an intergalactic spaceship.

E. Perfect a Scarlett Johansson cloning machine.

F. Determine the terminal velocity of an unladen swallow (African or European) to within 4 decimal points.:D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

101 Suppliers who give you a delivery date and then, when you follow up close to the promised date, give a much later date with no explanation or apology.

102 The dill pickle in burgers.

103 Films and TV programs which make out to be serious but completely ignore the laws of physics in their special effects scenes.

104 Hypocrisy.

105 Not having a Lotus to drive.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

106: Sarah Palin being force fed to Americans against our will every time I put the TV on. Michael Palin yes !!!, Sarah Palin a HUGE NO...please just go away!!! wallbash.gif

107 I don t like the way we employ a Russian within a select defense related role and then find out she might be a spy ?????

Russian.................defense............spy??

They must be laughing their socks off in Moscow! gathering.gif

Edited by Loteuk

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• Gold FFM

Things for Michael to do with his life:

A. Find a cure for cancer.

B. Build a fusion reactor.

C. Find what dark matter is made of.

D. Design an intergalactic spaceship.

E. Perfect a Scarlett Johansson cloning machine.

F. Determine the terminal velocity of an unladen swallow (African or European) to within 4 decimal points.:D

Answers for John,

A In Yul Brynner voice "Whatever you do, Jus' don't smoke!"

B Nup. Military would want it.

C It's made of dark stuff. Wasn't that hard now, was it?

D I already have, Just looking for investors.

E That's going to take a bit of work...

F Why? I mean, What's the point? What's it all mean?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

113. Going shopping, forgetting you've taken the Esprit and buying something bulky.

114. Nice ferrari mate..........grrrrrrrr!!!!

115. People who sit on your bonnet

Does 109 not sound like the Esprit???? 109. Plastic toys that break after 5 mintues of opening.

"F. Why? I mean, What's the point? What's it all mean?"

Dear Mr. Ramjet:

We are sorry to inform you that your application for bridge troll duty has been rejected. Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Find-a-Troll, Inc.

Personnel Dept.

Applicants Division

Pythonshire, UK

119. Self serving hubristic overly pious solicitations on various billing statements to "go green" by switching to online billing in the name of conservation, when their real goal is to save corporate mailing costs.

120. Naked transoms!:devil: