Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sunday drive, this week 23rd - Australia - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sunday drive, this week 23rd

stevem

Justin ( Cazna52 )and I are planning to go fo a drive on Sunday morning if anyone is interested. We'll meet at the Road Warrior Cafe 7.30am for a quick drink and then down to Wollombi or Spencer/Wiseman's for breakfast. Anybody fancy joining us, just turn up. There's a map showing the Road Warrior location in a previous thread in this section from Dec 01 2009.

Edited by stevem

Too many Toys are never enough !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about arranging something when Cecilia Bartoli is on at the opera house 12th/13th March, then I'll drive down instead of training it. (medics permitting)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Yeah, I like that idea. Especially if we met at say Port Macquarie or Comboyne where there's a great farmhouse, stayed overnight and then did the Oxley, Thunderbolt and depending on time the Putty or Wollembi to Sydney. Non-weekend would have less traffic on the roads as well. There's also a good guesthouse partly up the Oxley that's popular with bikers.

DanR

Count me in, I can get some time off work. I might give Cecilia a miss though, not my kind of music.

What.......miss Cecilia, I was going to do a bulk booking so we could all go.:thumbsup:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Yeah, I like that idea. Especially if we met at say Port Macquarie or Comboyne where there's a great farmhouse, stayed overnight and then did the Oxley, Thunderbolt and depending on time the Putty or Wollembi to Sydney. Non-weekend would have less traffic on the roads as well. There's also a good guesthouse partly up the Oxley that's popular with bikers.

Sorry guys, Port Macquarie to Sydney is still a bit far for me in one go. Legs are good, but not that good. (yet) Coffs to Port is about as far as I can go in one session might make Forster, but reckon I'd be in a fair bit of pain by then. Sorry.

Today's drive was good, traffic free all the way to Wollombi and then a good run through Pyles Crossing to Broke and then breakfast at Hunter Valley Gardens. Return trip had a bit of traffic, but no hold-ups. Sadly my front off-side tyre pushed the arse end of a duck out through it's beak - it never felt a thing.

Danny, I hope you get it fixed OK, repair or replace ? Roger, my girls are away overseas in April/May, so I might have a run up to see you then if you are open to visitors. If you drive down to Sydney to see the 'Opera Bird' in short lumps, maybe Bulladelah to Sydney might be the go for a catch-up ?

I had mine done by NatRad here in Coffs, but I recall "Hornsby Radiators" were excellent.

I'm out of the run tomorrow morning. I've got a radiator leak to fix.

Lotusradiatorrepair220111002.jpg

Lotusradiatorrepair220111003.jpg

Hey Danny,

That spoiler lip is also broken then? My spoiler lip kit arrived today from SJs. Will be working on mine on Aust Day though. It is the same kit as Paul's black Esprit. And I also ordered a spare rubber bit.

Hi V8Esprit and welcome. I see you joined yesterday. Can you tell us more about yourself? Where are you, Sydney, and can you post some photos of your car too.

Oh, my splitter is ok.

DanR

Hi Danny

I think it's Michael Lee and his Yellow V8, he finally decided to pay us a visit. G'day Mike ! :thumbup:

Yeah its me. Steve wouldn't send me invites to drives anymore and pushed me to join this site to find out when the next drive is. How sad.

Thanks for the hearty welcome Danny. Sorry to disappoint you thinking there's another V8 in Sydney! I wish too.

Fixed your radiator mate?

Am catching up with Paul early tomorrow morning at his place as I will need his help to install the new lip spoiler I got from SJs.

Getting it painted in the same body colour and hope it will match/look better than the OEM version.

Hi Michael, welcome to the forums.

I finally got around to downloading the photos of the drive. We met a couple of other Lotus drivers at the Road Warrior Cafe but I am afraid the photo is pretty poor because I failed to put a lens hood on.

dsc0130m.jpg

dsc0133k.jpg

dsc0135v.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, all bets are off I got a call today cancelling next week, my surgeon's sick. So I'll be training it down to see Cecilia on the 13th.

Unless of course a miracle happens, but it's unlikely.