Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nigels' 60th Birthday Event - Thatcham, Berks - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nigels' 60th Birthday Event - Thatcham, Berks

Bibs

Nice idea Dave but wouldn't it be better to try & get some nice snaps on the day of all the cars that attended and give something to him after the event?

If someone can't make it last minute or turns up unexpectedly the list of names (although they'll be random to Nigel) will be incorrect. I also think it'd be nice to present him with something showing all the models that turn up... just my thoughts.

I have to do an airport (T5) run on Saturday morning so will probably not be able to muster at Chievely for the final run in. I will be at the pub as soon as possible thereafter.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Good thinking Laura,

I will use the picture I have made for him for the event and the names go with the cars. So Bib's 1. and an image of Bibs car with a 1. on the picture. I can put in a photo folder so when he flicks though it he can put cars to names. Even print out a tech sheet of each car so it can be placed in the sleeve with or next the photo. Will work on some ideas and come up with something that will look great.

If done right will look great and should be great item to refect the day on.

:)

sig.jpg

Guys (and particularly PFD Dave!)

I am going to get a banner made up for the event to take with us that we can place somewhere suitable. Nigel can then have it to take home as another momento of the day, to hang in his garage or whatever he chooses!

My plan was to make it a simpe black background, with the message "Happy 60th birthday Nigel from the Lotus forums". The "TLF" would obviously be in the logo as per the forums header. For his name "Nigel" I was going to set this in the overlapping outline eurostile extended font seen on all Lotus cars from the 1970's, as he has a car from that era and it is particularly recognisable.

This will be artworked middle of the week so if anyone does have any other ideas please let me know. What I would say is that our artworking resources are quite limited at the moment so I need to keep it simple - but at the same time by doing this it should have more impact!

I will post up an image once I have it done! Other than that I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

• Gold FFM

Following this thread and having already contacted Bibs about another overseas gift idea I also had a thought that I had PM'ed to Bibs earlier today.

It goes along the lines of what Dave, Laura, and Neil are on with... I told Bibs I would cover the cost and I will PM Chris ( red vtec ) who does the memory wedding coffee table books. What if you guys collect all photos from such and we have a memory book done up. I will ask Chris if that is possible. That way I figure I also throw a bit of business his way to help along a fellow TLFer.

What are your thoughts.?.

Christopher

• Gold FFM

I called Chris red vtec this afternoon and had a great conversation. Began with a reply from a PM I had sent to him. He said easily done since there is no rush to have done by this weekend. Chris requested that all photos to be in a .jpg format. He has supplied an email address they can be sent to.

So since I am not going to be there ( for obvious reasons ) I will ask Dave petrol feet driven if he would like the honours of helping compile the photos and the composition. I like the idea of individual shots and group TLFs shots. However I am not on ground at location so do your thing. I will arrange payment with Chris and will make sure he puts in his input in this thread.

Thanks. On a personal note, this is why I consider many of you friends...the amount of time and effort and giving to someone you know little about is outstanding. I find that it is what makes the TLF a unique and special group.

Christopher

Edited by cjtpb13

Hi,

As Said I have spoke to Christopher, More than pleased to have this honour to make a Nigel a book,

Please PM me if you have any questions etc.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Lads & Lasses, I was hoping to make this but I now have to do house clearance this weekend as the sale for my old house goes through next week.

Have a great day, I'm sure it will be a day to remember

Hi Bibs,

What a great idea. This will help make it a very special day for Nigel.

I'd like to support this by bringing an Excel SE. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else at Chieveley.

John Godwin

On a personal note, this is why I consider many of you friends...the amount of time and effort and giving to someone you know little about is outstanding. I find that it is what makes the TLF a unique and special group.

Christopher, nicely said I do think that TLF is more than just anoughter Lotus forums. This forums is more of a type of family, many friends from all walks of life come together, as we share the passion of Lotus.

sig.jpg

1. Bibs - Esprit SE

2. Boots - Esprit S3

3. Dodgy - Esprit S3

4. Nelly9000 - Elise S2

5. Jez - Esprit S4s

6. Bazza - Essex

7. Pilko - Girls Car

8. internets - GT3

9. sparky - GT3 (usual cabin crew strike caveat)

10. Dave Eds - M100

11 Choppa - Esprit S3

12 Wilf - Esprit S3

13. Henry Weston-Davies - Esprit S3

14. Leigh - Elite S2.2

15. Wookie - Marcos Mantis (in case he gets a Lotus overdose)

16. PFD - (joining the non Lotus group gang.)

17. Alan & Evi - Esprit S3

18. Hopo - Esprit S3

19. fsrowsell - SE HighWing

20. Nigeninja - Esprit Flying Carpet

21. John - Excel SE

:thumbsup:

1. Bibs - Esprit SE

2. Boots - Esprit S3

3. Dodgy - Esprit S3

4. Nelly9000 - Elise S2

5. Jez - Esprit S4s

6. Bazza - Essex

7. Pilko - Girls Car

8. internets - GT3

9. sparky - GT3 (usual cabin crew strike caveat)

10. Dave Eds - M100

11 Choppa - Esprit S3

12 Wilf - Esprit S3

13. Henry Weston-Davies - Esprit S3

14. Leigh - Elite S2.2

15. Wookie - Marcos Mantis (in case he gets a Lotus overdose)

16. PFD - (joining the non Lotus group gang.)

17. Alan & Evi - Esprit S3

18. Hopo - Esprit S3

19. fsrowsell - SE HighWing

20. Nigeninja - Esprit Flying Carpet

21. John - Excel SE

22. Mike MPx - S3T

:thumbsup:

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Neil,

Looks great. I say use that in the book somewhere. I was chatting with Bibs earlier today on the phone and he said it looked great.

Louise,

Should not Graham be taking care of that for you ? LOL.

No problem Christopher, I can supply it as a jpeg or PDF if needed.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I am looking forward to seeing it "in the flesh" tomorrow!

Edited by Nelly9000