Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 Esprit mirror - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 Esprit mirror

Dave how are you getting on with these?vIf you recall you still have my mirrors I sent you one time ago. Last time ou posted it looked like things where progressing quite nicely.

Chris

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car is just getting put back together again in preparation for the Esprit display at the Lotus Festival and Brands Hatch.

Does anyone have a mirror available so I can get the car back to original??????

Please help!!

Does anyone have a mirror available so I can get the car back to original??????

Please help!!

You don't want much Gordon!!! The phrase rocking horse s**t springs to mind. Do you also need a centre console ashtray to go with it?

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

You don't want much Gordon!!! The phrase rocking horse s**t springs to mind. Do you also need a centre console ashtray to go with it?

Paul.

Nope....still got my original centre console ashtray and the 1976 radio :thumbsup:

Speak to Mike @ Lotusbits, he's got the mould Matt Watts made.

Says he doesn't have a mould :huh:

Says he doesn't have a mould :huh:

The mould which Matt Watts had came from me and Matt sold it to Nick Fulcher. Nick was making mirrors but I don't know if Steve has taken that over. They require so much effort they're not worth the hassle but you could always give him a ring.

I did make another mould which I lent to Dave Noble but that was about 2 years ago but I don't know if he's done with it. If he has then ask him if you can borrow it off him and return it to me when you're done as I know somebody else who would like to borrow it.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Paul

Just sell me your mirror.... you know you want to :thumbsup:

Paul

Just sell me your mirror.... you know you want to :thumbsup:

Okay you can have it for £1m and I'll even throw in the rest of the car for spares.

• 3 weeks later...

As an aside, my car has been resprayed but the original mirror has been left as it was. It is tatty, can someone confirm if this was painted matt or silk black originally

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not looked at this topic for a very long time as been so busy on other projects so covered up and forgot the S1....

The mirrors are as above only Steve (friend) no longer work with GRP so the project died, I will try and get the mould from him and continue this over the winter if possible, I still have Paul's mould as never used it.

Chris, PM me your details and I will return yours although if you give me time I will machine down a bracket and fit the glass making it complete.

I have the bits to complete six including the glass but only have two shells, if I can get the mould I will do another four then just some plain shells for anyone who is after one.

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Not looked at this topic for a very long time as been so busy on other projects so covered up and forgot the S1....

The mirrors are as above only Steve (friend) no longer work with GRP so the project died, I will try and get the mould from him and continue this over the winter if possible, I still have Paul's mould as never used it.

Chris, PM me your details and I will return yours although if you give me time I will machine down a bracket and fit the glass making it complete.

I have the bits to complete six including the glass but only have two shells, if I can get the mould I will do another four then just some plain shells for anyone who is after one.

I really need two of these so please put me down for a pair.

If you need any deposit etc let me know

I seem to remember you were going to do one for me Dave ;)

Paul.

I am thinking on trying one on the passenger door as well Paul (I know the view is bad) so put me down for 2 please :)

Cheers

Gordon

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately the mould got ditched when my friend left his job, it is still my intention to get another made but I have been really busy on other Lotus tasks and currently this one is further down the list as I won't need the mirror until later in the year. My bodyshell should now be getting painted in March which will be the fifth time it's been booked!

I am currently concentrating on getting my S2 roadworthy and building some tools for the 907 engine and DHLA carbs.

I currently have two complete mirrors to assemble, 6 glasses and brackets.

Also acquired these;

post-10978-0-28448200-1391282063.jpgpost-10978-0-37548500-1391282092.jpg

I do need to do some fibreglass work on my S1 radiator duct and a sill on my S2 so when the weather warms I will try and move this mini project along.

Sorry for the delays as I know lots of people want pairs like Gordon etc.

Dave :)

post-10978-0-77317000-1391282037.jpg

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Mark

I've got one you can borrow to copy. Let me have your address and I'll post it to you. How strong are things printed on a 3D printer - I know nothing about it!

Cheers, Paul.

Hi, as a fresh S1 owner and the start of the restauration I would also like to purchase a pair.

Could you contact me when they are available?

Thanks in advance,

Frederik

Belgium

'77 White Esprit, Tartan interiour

• 2 months later...