Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help. I have lost my keys. - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Help. I have lost my keys.

rmcooke

Due to a hole in my pocket, and an excess of alcohol, I have lost the keys to G161APF.

1989 Esprit HC.

I will pay top dollar to anyone who can supply replacement keys and/or locks and ignition barrel.

Thanks,

Cookie

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Bibs. Had already tried Strattons but the guy was out to lunch. Turns out s replacement ignition key can be sourced easily and cheaply. For door locks I think I may need to source another Disco as a donor vehicle.

Out of interest, is anyone like me and obsessed with making copies of keys???

:scared:

If i lock myself out of my house there are several mates with a key to my front door, and then there are mine and Vicki's folks too. In fact i honestly don't know how many keys are out there.

I have three key sets and two alarm fobs for the Elise, and i think i still have a keyset for the last two cars i've owned, and a van or two.

I'd be scared sh1tless with only one set of keys for a house or car. I mean, what if i lost them, i'd be absolutely buggered.

Am i weird?*

:mellow:

*in related to this matter

If i lock myself out of my house there are several mates with a key to my front door, and then there are mine and Vicki's folks too. In fact i honestly don't know how many keys are out there.

I have three key sets and two alarm fobs for the Elise, and i think i still have a keyset for the last two cars i've owned, and a van or two.

I'd be scared sh1tless with only one set of keys for a house or car. I mean, what if i lost them, i'd be absolutely buggered.

Am i weird?*

well one of us must be . I am the opposite only got one lotus key ,one audi key,one front door key

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Am i weird?*

I wouldn't call it obsessed. :no I call it organised. :whistle: Others call it OCD. :scared: Whatever you are not alone for sure. Over the years more so when I used to do a lot more hillwalking I have had spare keys taped somewhere to the outside, but hidden parts of the car so in event of returning to car cold and wet in middle of nowhere and even today probably with no mobile signal (None then) I would get in. I don't tend to bother now as keys are not flat bits of metal like they used to be - or cheap and almost disposable. I will never own a car with less than 2 full sets of keys not including those part time "valet" or "service" keys some manufacturers give out. Spare house keys are with both kids (living 110 miles away now) 2 neighbours and my mother (same town) as well as a set in a external key safe hidden from sight but requiring a pin to open. Even if somebody did smash that, they will still have a burglar alarm to get past. Evora is also easy to lock the keys in the boot if not thinking. If you can still get into passenger compartment then there is the emergency pull cord but that isn't always the case. So far only done it in the drive. So far....... :guitar:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 1 year later...

Having just bought my Lotus Esprit S3 I was interested in the comments about keys. My car has electronic central locking so I'd never actually tried the ignition key (the only key I have) in the door lock. Waiting to meet the Cheshire group I just tried the key in the lock and it locked OK (with the door open) trouble was it wouldn't unlock! So now I have a car with the door locked open and after about 30 minutes with screw drivers and lots of pushing and pulling the lock was forced back and the electronic door locks were working again.

Question is - does the ignition key normally open the door locks or should I have a separate key? Was it just coincidence that this particular key opened the lock but wouldn't re-lock it? I don't want to risk it again, if I just have faulty locks I'll sort it but if I need new keys I presume Lotus might know the numbers from their records.

Thanks