Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast Club, 6th March - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast Club, 6th March

It was agreed at the last LEGS Breakfast Club meeting that we would arrange to meet every 1st Sunday of the month and that we would try and vary the venue.

The next meeting is scheduled for Sunday 6th March between 10:00am and midday and the venue will be at Gloagburn Farm Shop Cafe Perthshire.

Gloagburn Farm, Tibbermore, Perth. PH1 1QL Google Map

An area has been reserved in the conservatory overlooking the car park so we can admire the Plevora of Evora's and Lots of other Loti that hopefully will turn up.

Thanks to Paul Gibson (Ruadh08) for organising the venue and also posting on Scottish Elises.

Edited by bingoking

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am intending to be there breathalyser allowing at that time on a Sunday morning! Know the road but not the cafe.

Starting a list of hopeful attendees.

1 Al. (Evora)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Wont be long until i am joining you guys.

30 Days.......not that i am counting or anything :thumbsup:

I'm at Creiff Hydro for that weekend. Now i just need to work out how i'm gonna get 2 adults and 2 kids with luggage/toys etc into a Lotus. If i only had a Carlton!

I'll do my best to bring a Lotus, but failling that I'll be there to see all of yours.

I like the shoehorn gag - although I'm gonna need a bigger one for my wifes luggage.

Is it OK to forward this gathering to the the Club Lotus NES group and Lotus Elan Central boys?

Also, if anyone is interested we have a Central belt Lotus outing on Sunday, 13th March. The plan is that we meet up (on the A68 near Pathead) at around noon on Sunday, 13th March, before heading out to the National Museum of Flight at East Fortune. The museum has some cracking aircraft on display - including Concorde, Me163 Komet, Spitfire, and Lightning .

We’ve been offered discounted admission tickets (£6.30 per adult) and (this is the best bit) the museum has very kindly agreed to allow us to drive our Cars over to the museum’s Vulcan bomber (the actual plane that bombed Port Stanley airstrip during the Falklands conflict) after we‘ve collected our tickets, park underneath the bomber (under supervision and for a brief time) and take some photos. Anyone interested PM me.

Sorry we can't join you this time; we'll be away on holiday.

Have a good one, and see you on the 1st Sunday in April.

Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

I like the shoehorn gag - although I'm gonna need a bigger one for my wifes luggage.

Is it OK to forward this gathering to the the Club Lotus NES group and Lotus Elan Central boys?

Also, if anyone is interested we have a Central belt Lotus outing on Sunday, 13th March. The plan is that we meet up (on the A68 near Pathead) at around noon on Sunday, 13th March, before heading out to the National Museum of Flight at East Fortune. The museum has some cracking aircraft on display - including Concorde, Me163 Komet, Spitfire, and Lightning .

We’ve been offered discounted admission tickets (£6.30 per adult) and (this is the best bit) the museum has very kindly agreed to allow us to drive our Cars over to the museum’s Vulcan bomber (the actual plane that bombed Port Stanley airstrip during the Falklands conflict) after we‘ve collected our tickets, park underneath the bomber (under supervision and for a brief time) and take some photos. Anyone interested PM me.

Archie by all means post/forward it on to Club Lotus NES and Lotus Elan Central, it has already been posted on Scottish Elises. The more the merrier and you could suggest also that they join up on thelotuforums.com so they can be kept advised of all our future organised events.

The East Fortune run looks interesting and I would love to do that but I am away that weekend, have a great time and don't forget to post some pictures on here.

Brian

We have the possibility of a fantastic venue for the May or June breakfast meeting. Paul Anderson (Schoomer) who owns the coffee republic franchise in St Andrews Square, Edinburgh, has offered to open up the park area in the middle of the square (Normally only open to pedestrians).

We could all park in there , and enjoy the breakfast and coffee facilities, right in the heart of Edinburgh?

Brian et all, if you think it is a good idea, we could firm up on it in plenty of time?

Paul G

We have the possibility of a fantastic venue for the May or June breakfast meeting. Paul Anderson (Schoomer) who owns the coffee republic franchise in St Andrews Square, Edinburgh, has offered to open up the park area in the middle of the square (Normally only open to pedestrians).

We could all park in there , and enjoy the breakfast and coffee facilities, right in the heart of Edinburgh?

Brian et all, if you think it is a good idea, we could firm up on it in plenty of time?

Paul G

Paul

I think that would be a fantastic venue for May as the first Sunday in June (5th) is taken up with the Grampian Motor Museum Speedfest where we are hoping to display a few cars and have some demonstration laps on the track for charity. Coincidently this was suggested before the LEGS breakfast club got of the ground. Hope they have a cafe for our breakfast!!!

The Edinburgh venue for May would be great exposure for the group and maybe something MMC Would be interested in joining in on.

Would you like to firm up with Schoomer and once confirmed I will speak to Brandon and Craig (Monty) at MMC to see if they would be interested in bringing a couple of cars and display materials along and will see if we can get the TLF display stuff as well. I will contact Bibs.

Nice one Paul! :thumbsup:

Outside Harvey Nicks no less. Coolio.... Nice location for nice cars. You can even offer to take the missus shopping not mentioning ulterior motives!

Only slight problem with this one is:

If we go for May it is the same day as a Knockhill Race Meeting so I will not be there I am afraid, due to marshalling which is a shame as I am (or should be) home, but I am but one. Mind you saying that until I know my new rota every date forward of next week is a ? when it comes to commitment.

The 5th June is Speedfest up at Grampian Motor museum which we have committed to at some yet to be decided level. A few of us if available will be up there however maybe enough left to go for it.

EDIT - Beaten by Brian ! :tumbleweed:

Edited by Al.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I may have overlooked it, but do you gents have a location set for April? I need to be in Glasgow for a few days at my discretion and would love to join you, if not in April, then May. Either way, Allan said I could borrow his Evora if he's abroad.

Kidding. I would never borrow his Evora. I'd steal it. :shuriken:

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Hi Matt,

No venue set yet for April. Original plan was just casual 1st Sunday at same spot, turn up if you fancied it. Then the idea was floated starting with this month to vary its location which will mean a little more thought each month. Presently April 3rd is likely only to be discussed on March 6th. May (or July?) looks like being Edinburgh if it comes off. June will be a bit of a drive up to Aberdeen for the Speedfest show as well.

At the moment in April we are looking at the 17th for a drive out up the NE direction if you are around to celebrate Gordon M. getting back on the road. At a personal level for meeting up with you I am only likely to be back home on about the 13th. That night will be the Club Lotus evening in Bo'ness as well so you could kill a few birds with one stone in that period if interested? e-mail me if you want more chat. :cheers:

BTW if you fancy stealing my car in April you will not find it at the house <_< It will be with dealer when i am offshore for a few items like service and more. :secret:

Cheers

Al.

BTW if you fancy stealing my car in April you will not find it at the house It will be with dealer when i am offshore for a few items like service and more.

That's what I told the dealer to tell you. :devil: Meanwhile, we'll be racing your Evora against The Jacobite to Mallaig! (Sad fact is I doubt I could even break in to my own car.)

I'll email you about April. That would be a great way to meet you and crew, and make up for not making it up to meet Gordon last December due to the snow. I'll see if Art can swing it too.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Mark

We can't make the March breakfast club as we are in Nottingham for a family celebration. We will both be at the April meet wherever that is.

I'll be there Brian but was wondering if Mrs Bingoking might be coming along as Mrs Hedgerley may be joining us. She would like some female company.....

Hi Mark, I will be at this one on 6th March and will have Mrs Al. there if yours is wanting non car talking company. If yours decides not to go for any reason then let me know in due course. Deal or no deal? I am unlikely to be at April, May or June but nothing definite.

Im still out of action stuck down here in the Falkland Islands :censored:

Should have the S2 Esprit ready for the 2012 season so I can join you for a few scottish runs when Im home :thumbsup:

For now I will just have to enjoy your photos and stories.

Have a good one

Mike

Just a reminder about this Sundays breakfast meet at Gloagburn. Weather looks good, and I think we may have a few visitors from SE as well.

10am till 12 noon.

Look forward to meeting a few new faces,

Cheers

Paul G

Hope you guys have fun.

Remember we need a venue for April?

Looking forward to the photos.

Well we had fun although going to bed at 03:15 when we had to be up again at 09:00 was the brightest move..... Thank god for breathalysers!

Great turn out of both LEGS contingent from The Forum" and some of the Scottish Elise's as well. Good first meeting together which looks like will benefit both groups in the future as a casual and spontaneous gathering. Can recommend the Gloagburn Farm coffee shop. Lovely 'house special' bacon butties. They were happy to cone off an area for us and set aside an area of the cafe for us overlooking the car park so thanks to them. Plod even turned up and paid a bit of interest before heading for the buns.

Al.

post-7988-0-23915100-1299417784_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-63821300-1299417788_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-41109400-1299417796_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-89215900-1299417801_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-66982700-1299417792_thumb.jp