Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Evans sees the light(ness?)... - Classic Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Evans sees the light(ness?)...

Bibs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the sort of stuff he must have owned that's quite an accolade. Assume it must have been a top drawer Matty car.

Still nice to see a celeb appreciate true quality and not be blinded by the red carpet "Ferrari effect"

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I am a big fan of the Plus 2 so can only applaud him for buying one particularly when he paid, what was it, twelve and a half million pounds for a GTO a while back.

Even made the Sun by the look of it. Clicky

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Sounds like an opportunity for him to join the forum and give us loads of publicity on his radio show!! :welcome:

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Always knew he was a closet Lotus fan. When we were heading down to the 60th Anniversary show my wife texted him on his afternoon show the day before, you know, the bit where he asked what everyone was up to for the weekend. We told him where we were headed and in what - not only did he read it out and we got a name check, he was very complementary about the Esprit. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
"I bought a Lotus Elan this week. It's the least expensive car in my garage, but already it's in like a bullet to my top three favourites"

Great Stuff - I've genuinely warmed to the guy recently not just because of this. He's obviously a real PetrolHead in an envious position.

I hear he was really interested when he took THAT Ferrari to Brooklands and quite willing for anyone to look/sit in ...... and interested in all the other cars - not just the 'Super' ones...... :thumbsup:

Edited by nello

• 1 month later...

I happened to see Chris Evans' Elan +2 outside the one show studios, it looked a really good example, the exterior is completely mint and looks restored, the interior looks original but very clean. It must be a good runner and problem free to risk driving it to work through west London traffic!

Cheers, Mat.

Blimey!

He's gone a long way from being the gobshite ginger mate of danny baker, all washed out and in some loser clinic because he's not on the radio or telly anymore, but living it up on money he made when he was popular, sunning himself with a teenage pop wife.

He's one of my hero's, he's clawed his way back to a position where he can tow the line with his employer and kiss the arse of anyone who will go on air with him. It takes real dignity to take it on the chin like that and stay cool. It's only a matter of time before he's on the telly again i'm sure.

Remember TFI friday, the way he interviewed all those folk without sucking up to then was incredible, if that had been me i'd have been gushing bigtime and making myself look daft by laughing fakely at everything they said.

:D