Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oil Cooler pipes - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oil Cooler pipes

Doulou

Gent's

This may sound a really dumb question but............. I'm replacing the N/S oil cooler, crossover pipe and the feed pipe from the engine to the N/S cooler. The oil cooler is in, and crossover pipe fitted. So i'm now looking at replacing the feed pipe. Having had a bit of a mare undoing the top oil cooler pipe in the engine bay, I was wondering if anyone knows whether the top pipe feeds the near side or off side cooler. It will save me quite a bit of time and knuckles if it is the top pipe as that is now loose.

Looking at the parts manual I must admit that it looks like the pipe connected underneath, but its worth a question.

Cheers

Paul

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad youve got the chance to tackle the mess! Without going back outside to look...as Ive just come in from this evenings workings....the top one goes to the n/s cooler. But it doesnt matter which way round the oil flows finally..so if you happen to take them both off, then dont worry about which way round you put them back on!

Regards

Darren

Paul,

I replaced both coolers on my S4s.

When trying to undo the hoses the connectors snapped off on the coolers.

I got a hydraulic hose shop to make me up new braided ends for the crossover pipe.

Rather than replaceing the supply and return pipes, I got the same shop to make me up new ends and joined them ontn the original supply and return pipes.

This saved me havin to try ande install new pipes thru the chassis.

As far as I'm aware you will have to remove the gear lever assembly to cut the cable ties holding the pipes to the chassis.

I'm not sure if you will have much room either to pull the new hoses thru with the steering rack in position.

Much easier to cut the originals 12" from the cooler and join in a new pipe.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers guys

I wasn't aware of the gear stick issue I thought there was only one cable tie right at the point of entry to the chassis. Ah well I will have a go anyway

Thanks again

By the way I've sent you an email Darren

There was no other securing cable tie on mine when I replaced them. Attached a thin rope to one end and pulled them straight out...attach the rope to the new one and pull it through with the rope! Simples!