Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Choose Me a Phone - Page 2 - Technology & Gaming - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Choose Me a Phone

Advantage

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like technology, I like using it.

When something new arrives it's very to say "Core yeah, must have" Mr Jobs knows this and has pandered well to it.

I tend to take a more subdued approach. I study all the new applications, taking note of want I could do with this new gadget that I can't do now. Then I figure how important that is for me, how often I might use it. That usually tempers down and burning ownership issues.

For instance, my mobile phone needs replacing, true in the existing one the camera is only 1.5 mp, but if I want to take a picture I have a Nikon ! Though I can, I have no desire to browse the web on piddly little screen, It have Bluetooth, MP3 player radio.

What I don't have is WiFi, this would be useful for skype, but then I looked at my skype usage, $3.5 over 18 months, so it would take a long time to pay off a new phone, so I still have the old one !

I'll change it before my next overseas trip, when this facility will be worth more to me. It's important to analyse "payback", I find my approach saves a fortune.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Hard to argue with that approach.

The only piece of hardware I ever bought first generation was the original iPhone, which was a huge mistake. But I use my 3GS so much for so many different things that I ended up selling my laptop, which was its own financial (and weight) advantage. I'm also grandfathered under the unlimited data plan, but if I wasn't I'd probably use it far less. If you fully buy in to the idea that it's a small computer and not a smart phone then your mindset changes a bit and you tend to use it more. I borrowed a friend's iPad 2 for a few days, but I don't think it's quite there yet. I figure the next one is the one to go for.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM

They were talking about this on the radio today to some techno geek who said wait for the iPhone5. Bloody hell, I still use my sons hand me down Nokia E71. He gave that to me when he got an iPhone. :hrhr:

Bloody hell I'm knowledgable. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

iphone 4s

which one

32GB or 64GB

discuss :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Well got an iPhone 4 s this morning and I have to say so far I am very impressed it's fast reliable and does everything that it says on the box

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Got one too. I'm a big Android fan but I'll have the 4s for a couple of weeks and see how I get on with it. Worse case, they're going for £750 on eBay so I can sell it buy a Galaxy S2 for £300 and pocket the change :)

post-1-0-63626200-1318705116.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

sure is :D :D

Cliff

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my 3gs for nearly 2 years I think, still love it :) It's the 32gig with only 3gig of space left!

The only bad point is I brought it in Canada on the Rogers network so I had to get it unlocked. There is no unlock for the updated os so I'm still running os4

Using it now to post this :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)