Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finally a V8 esprit owner! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Finally a V8 esprit owner!

steve930

At last after 6 months of looking i'm the proud owner of a 1999 V8 se :thumbsup: , lovely car in lovely condition & a credit to its former owner

IMG301.jpg

post-11335-0-78256000-1304803409_thumb.j

post-11335-0-42503400-1304803571_thumb.j

post-11335-0-17845200-1304803629_thumb.j]

post-11335-0-98722300-1304803723_thumb.j

Edited by steve930

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you guys, the wing is staying :rambo:

I didn't say a word. :innocent:

Nice car.. :welcome:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Hmmm...

Needs a little more wing! :thumbsup:

Great color combo, and looks to be in great shape, too!

The headrest detail is something I haven't seen before. Nice touch.

Congratulations!

Hi Steve,

Well done on your purchase. You´ve got a good Esprit there - with a fresh rebuilt engine and a whole lot of time and money spent.

Enjoy your first Summer of Esprit V8 motoring.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

thank you for the comments so far guys. I put the car on my brothers ramp yesterday afternoon & all she'll need underneath is all the steel brake lines changing, they're all nearly at MOT failure stage . The PAS pipes, air con pipes were a bit scabby too but i have lightly wire brushed them & coated with grease for preservation. Its just typical of a car thats been used daily for the last 11 years

p.s. does anyone know what car the running lights on the sides of the bumpers came from??

recognise that car from somewhere!

Anywho. Lovely car mate. And an ex factory one by the looks of the no plate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That car looks lurverly! saw the adverts for it come up recently... the good cars certainly dont hang around do they?!

Now just get on and enjoy it.

im sure i recognise the car too....

Steve

JCL is a Norwich registration. Unless it was registered by Strattons it's highly likely it was a press car, directors car etc. About 80- 90% of those are ex Lotus owned vehicles.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

kimbers your bang on the money. The car was ex lotus staff or directors. Weirdly they fitted federal spec bumpers to it!

hey jammy-pop, what wheels have you got on your car?

Managed to get my cherished number on the car today, so T345JCL is now residing in cyber space!

Also sorted insurance 3000miles, protected no claims, trackday cover (club approved trackdays) Premium =£345.00 :thumbup:

Steve,

It's got the standard Oz Futuras on it. Need a bit of TLC as they are starting to corrode. Who did you get your insurance with? Mine is about the same but not with trackday cover!!

love those wheels :smoke:

the company is A.Manning UK, they specialize in porsche/tvr policies (had my 911 turbo insured with them) got them to quote on esprit out of interest & they were cheaper by £40 than lotus brokers, with the bonus of track cover.

The excess increases to 10% of the vehicles insured value whilst doing trackdays, otherwise its £200.

IMG301.jpg

Bloody UK weather. No sooner do you park your new P'nJ and it rains on the exact spot! ^_^

Excellent choice in model year, Steve, if I do say so myself. The addition of the MY 2000 wheel centers looks nice as well. What other "updates" have been done?

Cheers,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

hi john. Damn localised rain is a pest :D

I think apart from brakes and ported & flowed cylinder heads the car is standard