Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
help warning lights - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

help warning lights

On the way back from the meet tonight, my car suddenly lit up the FAN FAIL, OIL and PARKING BRAKE lights on the dash. the oil pressure stayed ok on the dial, and I nursed the car home.

Tha fans worked as they came on if I switched the AC on

Any ideas what is going on? I have not had a look yet. serious or an electrical issue?

Thanks

Chris

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Gotta be electrical. Is it charging OK?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Yep think so, I think it must be electrical as it seemed to run ok, I was going to check oil level tomorrow

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

On the rare occasion mine does an instantaneous start (only ever when hot) my whole dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Telling me everything has failed and the holocaust is imminent. Turn it off, restart and it's fine. It's only ever done it twice !

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Started it up today and no lights, but did notice the hose from the airbox to the turbo was loose,

Checked theoil and that is fine so little confused, obviously took it easy last night just incase

Amateurs built the Ark

Hi Chris,

Sounds to me like you had a fault with the check light relay.....This is what illuminates all the warning lights when you turn on the ignition....this is done so you know each of the lights are working , in case of a failure in what ever area...once the engine starts the relay turns the lights off and links them with the failure circuit sensors etc...

It appears that the relay activated when driving, unusual but not unknown...they normally just fail ,

Down side is they are no longer available and hard to find....so if anyone reading this who has an alternative supply , i am sure we would all like to know about it.....

Dave L.

Edited by CHANGES