Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Your best photograph... - Page 5 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Your best photograph...

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I love the mountains in the back of the third one!

Bibs, the one of the bottle in focus on the previous page is prob my favourite in this whole post (Don't tell Wendy)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Apologies if I posted this already, but this is my favorite Lotus photo, and one of my favorites in general (click for essential blowup, revealing the Loti inside):

Chet%20in%20Evora.JPG

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Might be my eyes but the focus looks soft on the watch image.

Thank you Bibs. You're right, this was actually my very first try with a macro lens. The date is sharp though... Have to practice more :)

I love the mountains in the back of the third one!

Thanks Kimbers. It's Zurich Airport, last year somewhen before sunset. Mountains seem very close thanks to a tele-zoom lens (100-400mm). 

Edited by JamesCH

• Gold FFM

Hi, I'm not the greatest photographer in the world but I tried out my new camera at the end of last year and thought they came out pretty good for a first time with an SLR, now just to see if I can attach them.

post-12149-0-25615500-1383584337.jpg

post-12149-0-23747300-1383584427.jpg

post-12149-0-08235900-1383584522.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Here is my attempt at photography just playing about with buttons to see what comes out. I am a rank amateur with the camera so I tend to take a half dozen or so snaps as I see it then weed out the shaky hand ones and keep what's left.

post-12149-0-60422900-1384275908.jpg

Can't remember if I've posted this one before but it's my favourite from the 2012 USA GP. Seems like a good time to trot it out. It's Jenson putting some manners on Bruno at turn 15 round about lap 20.

DSC_2632A.jpg

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

OK guys so I already have a handycap with being stuck in the middle of the freking frozen Caspian but will submit a snapshot from my phone this morning, if its a bit blurred, sorry it was minus 23.6 and the hands were shaking a bit but must be dew something for effort if not quality. The two boats in the distance are ice breakers keeping a track clear for our escape boats, they are designed to carry us out to a safe place when the smelly stuff hits the fan, thats H2S to those of you who are not involved in our industry. 5 parts per million (ppm)[] can kill you, our leeks are 35000 pm so we have to be able to get out kind of sharpish, hence the reason for the permanent ice breakers during the winter.

attachment=25376:20140122_160406.jpg]post-12149-0-41752500-1390404995.jpgpost-12149-0-25128700-1390405053.jpg

post-12149-0-25128700-1390405053.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh

• Gold FFM

OOps, sorry bibs now posted twice, you can remove one.

Cheers, I hear the Sout of Englandshire weather aint to bad just now, do you fancy a swap. Do you think LEFTy would have stood the cold if he had made it out here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Today on the Great Ocean Road to Lorne

IMG_0841_zpsf851e5e2.jpg

I'm doin' something wrong as the picture is crystal clear directly from the camera. I attach it here and it looks like a 20c pocket camera.

Relinked from photobucket. Any better?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

post-4653-0-07859600-1394870764.jpg

This one had a polarising filter on it. And it looks like crap as well once it's loaded on here. :realmad:

And this one again

IMG_0842_zps7272ff49.jpg

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

:)