Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test - Page 5 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test

TLF News

Oh no! Sorry mate...

The realignment can be dony by your dealer, but it is quite a tedious process. The adjustments are very sensible and it may take a few tries to get it right.

One problem is, that thecorrect alignment should be measured when the car is settled properly, whilst it is almost impossible to reach the adjustments while it is (unless your dealer has a well).

Certainly nothing for a time pressed sloppy mechanic :no

My dealer spent two hours doing the alignment...

Your whole review I thought was excellent, much better than what you would read in most magazines.

P.s. You need to update your profile!:-)

One thing to note is that from the factory, the wheel alignment was catastrophic, and after having it redone properly, the fuel consumption dropped. And I mean dropped. Perhaps by 15 to 20%...

That's thought provoking. On the Tyres Thread, from post 159 on, we've discussed whether the wide variation in tyre wear could stem from differences in wheel alignment. It can't be too bad on mine as I get decent mpg, but certainly my tyre wear is at the bottom end of the range people quote. With new rears coming soon, I'd like a check. From the posts above it might not be easy for a generalist. Any recommendations? I've trusted Micheldever tyres on other vehicles. (They have a Hunter.)

Re your report Bibs, did you address tyre wear?

From my last report

With the car approaching 9,000 miles the rear tyres are soon to be changed, the bespoke (LS marked) 275/30 ZR 20 P-Zero Corsa’s don’t come cheap either at £786 a piece from a Lotus dealer although they can be found cheaper elsewhere by shopping around.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Oops, sorry! I did read it, honest, several days ago. 9K miles is near twice what I get on my NA, though hard to compare as different sizes and geo, not to mention torques and driving styles. And from the above posts, potential alignment issues!

If I'd not squandered hundreds of thousands of pounds running some dodgy website I'd have two :D

You are too good to us all.

Who is wiling to offer Bibs their car for three months? Only need to find four people for his year again. Come on he does so much for us all!!

In fact the Evo Champion has never been heard from!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Going back to the original question Bibs I was already in NA obviously being one of the first, but many of your remarks and comments regards later build quality and some of the minor changes being made reflected what my dealer was saying which was good to know. I suppose it may subconciously have helped me decide to change the beast for a slightly newer one although that was never the real reason.

Your impressions of the S and longer feedbacks about fuel/tyres also confirmed over longer distances what I felt from test drive snapshots in that it wasn't the 'must have' car I was worried it was going to be for where and how I drive and I could remain happy with my lot in only a NA with Sports exhaust and De-cat.

I have also liked the fact that you have been reasonably open and honest with the cars faults when experienced, as at first I thought you may be too in debted to Lotus to write things owners would. I too could write much to detract from the car but I don't and tend like most owners I guess to talk about the positives more.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I've enjoyed your reports BIbs. I couldn't decide between the S or NA (my wife found it an easy decision). I didn't feel that much difference in them for the type of driving I'm doing. I've not driven a MY12 car but they feel better just when you sit in them. Your reports would probably make me try the IPS next time.

I look forward to them loaning you a cabriolet to write up about soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After passing now the magic warranty-off point, a new aera starts with my Evora. I had some discussions with my dealer and I was able to drive all kind of Evoras. (IPS, S...) He offered me a change form the "old" one to another new modell. A lot of thoughts. 

But after all: i DECIDED TO KEEP MY LAUNCH EDITION. why;

1. emotional things: I drove now 64000 KM with this car al throu Europe and I had so many good events, fine feelings, nice meetings and wonderful rides. 

2. yes, the new ones are better made, but there is some kind of emotional relation the my car. (silly, but true) I took care all over and I would miss my Evora totally. 

3. all is in good shape. The oyster interior looks like on the first day (leathercare). The outside has some small signs of life (poor scratches on the front deriving from stones) but all in all it looks like new built. Mechanic: all works well, no problems, no matters to be aware, no troubles all over. 

4. the maintainance is still affordable comparing what the car gives. Consumption is steady low.

5. I never had any problems with the shifting... ok in winter it ia a bit hard when minus degrees (like now)

6. I can strech my legs fully when driving on the highway with speedo (the new ones do not offer this possibility anymore)

7. The difference to the S is feelable, but not as much as to be in an acting position. 

8. I love the Apline: you never know what it does or not, so it is always a challenge what comes next... or not. So mainly it is switched off and when boaring on the long road, I switch it on to see what happens next. 

9. The IPS is intresting. But to be on the traditional side, I keep the handmode. (I have 2 other cars with paddles, so I have an alternative)

10. It is always funny how the car is accepted by thirds. It is not a bigwig, it is not a battleship, it has space for 3, it really looks good (my oppinion: it is one of the beautyfulls cars I know), it is an eyecatcher without beeing a green driver on envy, it is not a big appearance, the Evora has such kind of a "whats that" effect without beeing swanky. 

So, these are my thoughts. There is always an alternative but I have to state, that I reached a satisfaction point which for me all is given on the good side. So... why running on possibly new kicks, combined with new "probs". 

Enjoy Wintertime, Anubis

Nice to hear this. I have to agree, the Evora ages very well. Those little annoyances that the car does have can generally be solved easily. For instance, getting rid of the Alpine.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Saw that, but will avoid the comments section from now on as there is a Cayman owner on there whose ignorance is more than a little tiring.

It's funny that Porsche owners at times can't accept people buying anything other than their chosen marque, but Lotus owners don't care what others drive and just take full enjoyment from their cars.

• Like 1

Just have a quick look at the comments - I get the impression that the cayman R owner you refer to maybe is the guy that trapped on the nerves of a lot of guys at the playground !

You can drive what you want but always claiming that only your choice as a porsche owner is ace is just boring........hope this guy does not enter into this forum.....

• Like 1