Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test - Page 9 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test

TLF News

I also really enjoyed the video, and thought it summed up quite nicely the reasons why I bought an Evora 400. I replaced both my daily driver and my 'toy' car to just have an Evora.

• Like 1

JayEmm:

All good points.  Before I began my search, I assumed there would be lots of enticing used alternatives to a new Evora in the 400's price range.  That has turned out not to be the case.  The R8 is a fail on luggage space and an interior that is just too "low rent" for such an expensive car.  I actually prefer the interior of the TT RS to the R8.  The new R8 is supposed to be quite nice and the interior does look much better, but it is nearly identical to the new TT which costs almost a third as much.

And the shelf behind the seats is the kind of detail that drives me nuts about car designers.  The idea of a shelf behind the seats is a great idea...except that they didn't make it deep enough to be really useful (paricularly for taller drivers who would have the seat all the way back).  The result is that you get the worst of both worlds, a shelf of very limited utility that still manages to rob the front seat passengers of leg room.   Brilliant!!! lol!  

• Gold FFM

@Ccd I agree. With the new R8 I had hoped Audi might take the opportunity to distance the R8 from the TT... but they look closer than ever. A real shame I think, given VAG's enormous resources. 

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

JayEmm,

They distanced the R8 from the TT in terms of price as it appears there will be no V8 option.  This supports the rumor of a new model, the R6, which would slot between the TT and the R8.  With a V10 only R8, there is plenty of room to slot a car between the TT and the R8. Rumors suggest that a R6 would be based on the next generation Cayman/Boxster platform and would allow VAG to spread development costs across both Porsche and Audi.  But all of this is purely speculative at the moment.  And given Audi's direction on transmissions, highly unlikely the car would have a manual transmission option.

The R6, if it ever gets to market, would likely compete with the Evora, at least in terms of price.  

9 minutes ago, Ccd said:

The R6, if it ever gets to market, would likely compete with the Evora, at least in terms of price.  

Yup. But being an Oooodi it would look like sh!te, just like the R8 in my eyes, a TT that has been on mild steroids. It would never compete with an Evora for me.

It's already getting hard to tell the A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8 saloons apart, so TT, R6, R8 - just more of the same. Literally. For that reason. I'm out. ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH's opinions I rarely agree with, but totally with him on this one. I think ditching the V8 and the manual from the R8 was a sad move, but perhaps necessary as the old TTRS I think was faster than the V8 R8 anyway?

I really don't see space for an "R6" myself, I know there's technically room, but personally there looks to be a fag-paper between the TTRS and R8 anyway. I would expect most people buying the V8 R8 either went back to Porsche, or perhaps got an Aston. I remember when you could have an R8 V8, a 911 or a V8 Vantage for under £80k. How times change.

James Martin (JayEmm)

I must say, @Bibs and @Neil Reed that is a great video. I was expecting it to be a right nerdfest but was pleasantly surprised how humourous, informative and well presented it was. The hours you guys put in certainly show. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Yup. But being an Oooodi it would look like sh!te, just like the R8 in my eyes, a TT that has been on mild steroids. It would never compete with an Evora for me.

It's already getting hard to tell the A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8 saloons apart, so TT, R6, R8 - just more of the same. Literally. For that reason. I'm out. ;)

Much prefer the ALDI tt to the oooodi offering

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

@C8RKH's opinions I rarely agree with

I'm gutted @JayEmm, I thought we agreed on everything :cheers:

Great video @Bibs. Loved it. Specially the bit where you parked it up in Tenderton right outside the place with the 2 for 1 Pizza offer. No guessing where you had lunch? ;)

The orange looks fantastic on a drab day - really sparks out. Super stuff.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 hours ago, blindside said:

Although not sure how you will ever get anywhere near 40 miles to the gallon during even mildly energetic driving.

Never has the internet phrase "YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary" been more appropriate. You'll see in the vid, the instant does dip to 4.8 and we do have footage of sub 3mpg but when you're reviewing the car you try all extremes of performance as well as the middle ground, including MPG, so you can have a balanced opinion of all aspects of the car. In my experience, driving on cruise, I saw an average of over 40mpg a few times on a journey. Other times, not so high...

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I have to say I haven't seen anywhere close to 40mpg except on the "instant" counter. A high realistic average seems to me to be 33, but really I'd probably quote people "25-30". 

James Martin (JayEmm)

So far I'm at 150miles (from zero) and have used just over half tank... BUT...

Noise is addictive

Engine is tight

Limited to 4K rpm

Lots of gear changes

:lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Great video guys @Bibs.

I have been reading this forum for months with great interest, but joined today just so that I could comment on the Video. - As the other guys said, great style of delivery with the humour and detailed commentary.

I am hoping to be a Evora owner soon; after months of research, so I hope to add more comments later this year!

• Like 1