Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ace Cafe meet - UK - London - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ace Cafe meet

Trevsked

All,

I have left this meet to thers of late but as there has been no post, here it is.

Should be good weather and a great chance to catch up for those returning from Le mans with stories to tell. A reminder for those that have not been before, this is a night shared with TVR, Ginetta and Noble so plenty to see and of course good food and company. Add your intentions to the list below.

bringing back an old theme for this one in that if you can't come along I want to hear the biggest porky you can muster, eg, Sorry I can't be there but just had my piles remeved through my nasal cavity using a blow torch and my eyes are streaming which the doctor says is hayfever so I cant cos it says so on the back of the packet of tablets.

1/ Trevsked (Sport 350)

2/ Sparky (Yellow GT3 with red dash lights)

3/ Internets (Blue GT3 comfort pack and no spoiler)

4/ Felix (Blue SE High Wing with Fast Car styling and the reason there is a noise pollution law)

5/ Wookie (Lotus S5)

6/ Hopo (S3 N/A and lots of pics of his new dry sumper and expensive list of works to complete)

Be good to see a few old faces like Dave Freeman, Andy Clement, Bibs, Bazza, Mr John, Boots, Alan & Evi to name but a few. Also nice to some Esprits cars together prior to Supercar Sunday

Trevor

Edited by Trevsked

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make it unfortunately. :( I was really hoping to make one of these - are they always on a Wednesday?

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

1/ Trevsked (Sport 350)

4/ Felix (Blue SE High Wing with Fast Car styling and not so loud exhaust)

5/ Wookie (Lotus S5)

6/ Hopo (S3 N/A and lots of pics of his new dry sumper and expensive list of works to complete)

Roz,

You really aren't getting the idea. Wednesdays is the best excuse you can come up with? We want absolute whopper of a lie like "I was on an airplane from New York and the whole crew passed out so I had to land the A380 blindfolded and did such a good job that the CAA want me to be instruct and it has to be next Wednesday".

Felix,

Had complaints from the firing range that they can't hear their machine guns over the racket your car makes and had to quiet it down? Or don't you think it's loud?

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

Everyone knows noise rises at or near sea level, so Felix might not be able to hear it so well.

Nice to see my PA is on the case.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I had a little bit of a mishap on my way back from Belgium on the M20....

That'll be a story for the Ace

Edited by fsrowsell

Roz,

You really aren't getting the idea. Wednesdays is the best excuse you can come up with? We want absolute whopper of a lie like "I was on an airplane from New York and the whole crew passed out so I had to land the A380 blindfolded and did such a good job that the CAA want me to be instruct and it has to be next Wednesday".

Trevor.

Nothing as glamourous as that Trevor, but it's a secret as in top top classified, have to kill you if I tell you. ;):ninja:

I checked the Ace upcoming events and there's something for classic cars and Lotus on the Tuesday.... is anyone going to that?

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

Roz,

Much more like it, thats the trouble with MI6 we never know which part of the world we`ll be saving next.

May pop along to the classic night if i gt chance.

Felix,

Looking forward to your tales of daring.

Sparky,

Anytime old fella.

Trevor.

The next day is Ladies Day at Ascot so I might have to wash my hair to look my best.

Given that might take several hours to dry (and curl) I may not be able to make it.

I'll see what I can do...

Just caught up on this...what time does it all kick off? Would love to attend..subject to Q installing the new machine guns..removing the oil slick machine and giving me an early finish to my mission that afternoon ;)

Darren

The evening runs from about 6pm onwards but the Esprit guys get there at around 7.30 which in my experience misses all the traffic.

Barry,

Nice.

Roz,

If you have met Bazza you know he lying about his hair and therefore it's just the sort of untruth we like to hear.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

I can't come - that's the night I'm washing my car.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Oh dear, I heard you were looking for an excuse, and that's the best you could come up with? Pathetic attempt to avoid the evening so now you have to attend.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

Thought that was a brilliantly off-the-wall excuse, as you know it can't be true.

• Gold FFM

A giant humming bird stole my car keys.

Reminder that it is this Wednesday 15th June at the Ace. Looks like we will have a good evening with at least half a dozen Esprits. Any more takers?

Trevor.

1/ Trevsked (Sport 350)

4/ Felix (Blue SE High Wing with Fast Car styling and not so loud exhaust)

5/ Wookie (Lotus S5)

7/Pete(S3 turbo)and Dave Freeman(heart monitor)

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Actually my dash light (singular) is a subtle shade of orange. Can't understand it though - I checked my abs and they're well pumped. I work out a lot.

I should be there now I’ve fitted a new intake hose and finally have full BOOST again (best £150 I’ve ever spent – so far)

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Jack,

Be good to meet you and see the car.

Pete

Be nice to see you and thanks for bringing the old boy down with you.

The rest of you,

Those are the sorriest lot of excuses I have ever heard, therefore you must now attend the Ace every month until further notice.

Trevor.