Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Proposed LEGS Breakfast Meet 2nd October - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Proposed LEGS Breakfast Meet 2nd October

The following suggestion has been put forward by one of our forum members "renmure" as a possible venue for the October LEGS Breakfast meeting and I am posting this to see if there would be any takers before committing to the venue.

2nd October is the proposed date, being the first Sunday in the month, however, if the date is a problem then it could be moved later in the month.

I am student pilot at the Scottish Microlight Training Centre based at Perth Airport, Scone. The Club are effectively looking to raise their profile a bit wider and as such have been having some promotional visits to the airfield by groups and also attending and displaying at some of the weekend shows this summer.

Obviously the Club have their own reasons for doing this and are looking to get folk involved in microlight flying either by deciding they want to learn to fly, or more likely by folk perhaps thinking about buying a "flight experience" voucher for that "memorable gift" when the time comes. Apart from myself, there are actually another couple of folk on Scottish Elises who have an interest in microlight flying.

The suggestion was made that the Aeroclub could set aside the members carpark at the Clubrooms (comfortably 20 or so car spaces, probably more but I haven't counted) and invite the visitors to join them for a breakfast fry-up/BBQ. I expect that the aeroclub folk there on the day would have a good interest in the cars in any event.

There is a large outdoor seating area, BBQ pit etc plus a heated indoor lounge with tea/coffee facility etc.

A wander around the club and look around the large hanger would be on offer. In addition, the instructors and club pilots would happily take anyone and everyone who fancied a flight up for a 15/20 min or so flight around the area (most likely around Perth or out towards Blairgowrie) and back. There should be enough flexwing and fixed wing aircraft to give everyone who wants it a go. The intention is that it would be interactive so the Aeroclub would actively be looking for folk not to be shy about taking a flight. Flying gear etc would be provided.

I imagine it would be an interesting day all round.

If this interests you please add your names below and whether you fancy a flight in a microlight or not.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks,

A couple of quick links to whet the appetite of anyone wondering what it is all about:

A couple of the guys having some fun in the Lake District

Four of the guys from the Aero Club having a bit of fun above the airfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1Ka2LozYo&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Jim

Sounds great meeting but unfortunately I am almost 100% likely to be offshore on that date :( and any later in the month will put me into holiday territory so :censored:

Looking forward to those pictures already!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 5 weeks later...

i would be up for this but not sure if i will still have the lotus.

and I'm fairly certain I'll not have the Evora.

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

i would be up for this but not sure if i will still have the lotus.

and I'm fairly certain I'll not have the Evora.

I guess there is enuff room in the carpark for imposters ;)

It is quite relaxing up there you know :)

Sorry I have been out of circulation for the last 4 weeks, combination of holiday, business and patchy internet on iPhone.

I have started a list based on the replies above and copied the list fron Scottish Elises.

1: renmure

2: bingoking +1 (No flights)

3: hedgerley

4: Ruadh08

5: SandyS1

6: Sbfdave

Please amend the list to show if you are bringing anyone along and if you want a flight.

1. Kev + Interested in a flight

2. Jim + Interested in flying some folk

3. Campbell + family - no flying but lots of oohing and aahing at aero machinery hopefully!

4. Derek & Karen - interested in a flight

5. Paul G - Interested in flight, still have flying suit!

6. Dave and Di, Possibly interested in a flight.

7. David Kyle - Interested in the Tea & Coffee facilities & a BBQ'd Bacon roll

8. DDtB - already overly excited at the possibility of a flight. (I clearly need another expensive hobby in my life!!)

9. Dom + interested in a flight.

10. Mark L - interested in a flight

11. Ferg and possibly my old man - there for the bacon rolls icon_smile.gif

12. James H - interested in food and flight icon_lol.gif

Just as a quick update re food....

The onsite Airfield Cafe, "The Touchdown Cafe" (usually closed on a Sunday) has agreed to open especially on that Sunday from 10am till 12pm.

It is adjacent to the Scottish Aeroclub Clubroom and Hanger and serves big portions of typical "breakfast type" grub, scrummy rolls and the like.

I am hopeful one of the Gyrocopter Instructors will be on hand incase anyone fancies a bash at that..

So it looks like this is no longer a proposed venue but is now set for "takeoff".

Thanks Jim for suggesting and organising things.

To give an idea of total numbers I have added the list from Scottish Elises at the bottom.

From Scottish Elises

3. Campbell + family - no flying but lots of oohing and aahing at aero machinery hopefully!

8. DDtB - already overly excited at the possibility of a flight. (I clearly need another expensive hobby in my life!!)

11. Ferg and possibly my old man - there for the bacon rolls

12. James H - interested in food and flight

13. Scotty c + 1 for a flight (microlight or in pete's r22) and food.

14. BigD + kids so no flying for me as much as I'd love to

15. Gary and Pauline - flights would be very nice but I'm now at the bottom of the list.

16. Eric - flight

17. Mark - flight

So that's 23 cars and 18 flights.

Fingers crossed for some fine weather.

So it looks like this is no longer a proposed venue but is now set for "takeoff".

To give an idea of total numbers I have added the list from Scottish Elises at the bottom.

7: Alan Head + Flight

From Scottish Elises

15. Gary and Pauline - flights would be very nice but I'm now at the bottom of the list.

16. Eric - flight

17. Mark - flight

So that's 24 cars and 19 flights.

Fingers crossed for some fine weather.

I'd be up for this if its not too late to tag along.

I'd be up for a trial flight as well if possible.

Cheers

Alan

I'd be up for this if its not too late to tag along.

I'd be up for a trial flight as well if possible.

Cheers

Alan

That's your name added Alan.

6: Sbfdave + Sharron + 1 Flight

7: Alan Head + Flight

From Scottish Elises

16. Eric - flight

17. Mark - flight

So that's 24 cars and 20 flights - unless Sharron's flight was already included.

Edited by Sbfdave

A few "taster" pics of me having fun with banked turns above Perthshire today ;)

Snapshots taken directly as stills from the GoPro video..

Video

Snapshot-14.jpg

wing5.jpg

wing4.jpg

Snapshot-8.jpg

Snapshot-16.jpg

In terms of detail....

Just to confirm.....

There will be half a dozen Aeroclub pilots and aircraft available to provide free flights.

These will be a mix of flexwing microlights like mine, fixed wing microlights, general aviation aircraft and a gyrocopter.

airfield014.jpg

airfield013.jpg

airfield015.jpg

airfield008.jpg

There will also be a helicopter available if a few folk fancy a pleasure hurl in one of them, BUT, there would be a cost for that (it would be done "at cost" but the running costs of the helicopters are a wee bit too big for the Aeroclub to absorb)

There is some decent stuff in the hanger (inc a couple of replica spitfires) to nosey around.

airfield007.jpg

The Clubroom overlooking the runways will be open for hanging around in, and tea / coffee etc

I haven't asked, but I am sure anyone who wants a wee nosey in the Tower can pop in to say hi.

The wee cafe will open especially for us to provide sit down / take away breakfast grub.

The club members / instructors will be there to answer any questions.

The Aeroclub carpark has been set aside for us.

Oh... And there should be some decent cars in the carpark. :blackeye

Jim

Flying over the clouds like that looks awesome :thumbsup:

Just for perspective... That was me at 5,500ft.

These are at 16,000 ... over the summit of Mont Blanc :)

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_3884.JPG

IMG_4796.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

Fuel.... 65 liter tank using 12.5 liters / hr so 4 hrs fuel (with a bit in reserve) cruising at around 100mph :rambo:

Oxygen over 10,000 ft for sure.... plus a thick pair of woolly socks :)

Cant say for certain but hope to tag along if things work out....no flight required.