esprit22

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

don't have to - you can actually slide the transmission back enough without removing it or undoing the shafts. I recently did a clutch swap, new throw bearing and plot bearing as well. Pull the boot floor, and the little extra panel at the rear of the floor as well.

DSCF5942.JPG

DSCF6037.JPG

Edited by Quikr

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• Gold FFM

Nice to see! However, I don't see that working for S3s.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a look yesterday, by removing the rear valance and silencer I cant see any reason why the box cannot be moved back enough to gain access to the clutch/bearing. Has anyone done this on an S3(turbo)??

Thinking of having a go but if someone has tried and it dont work PLEASE speak now!

Sorry Mr Bibs, should have posted this in the "gearbox" section!

Edited by esprit22

An engine lift is helpful to support the gearbox while separating it, but it can be done fairly easily :)

IMG_0964.jpg

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

This is great news. I always thought you had to pull the gearbox completely out to get at everything but it appears you do NOT. Thats freegin awesome since lifting that gearbox out is a tough deal!

So - when we do my major at the end of next year, seems like we'll change out all that stuff too while we are in there.

COOL! :smoke:

• 4 years later...

Best points to detache gearbox from chassie?

.removeGB.thumb.JPG.dbac66659d7549ec793c1
Can #44 and 45 be removed without disconnecting the lower link to the hubcarrier?
Or is it better to remove the four #41?

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!