Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MY12 Evora - Page 9 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MY12 Evora

Bibs

I own a just-delivered Evora IPS (NA), which was built in November 2011. It's not an MY12 but it has most of the new bits and improvements of the MY12 already added since they progressively added them to the production line. Only things missing are the new exhaust and some of the leather enhancements. Everything else including the new IPS gearbox software is in it, including the true manual hold in sports mode as per the video above.

The gearbox is superb, nothing more to say. Some pics:

Delivery.jpg

Woodend1.jpg

Woodend2.jpg

My care came fully loaded, every option box ticked, so I have zero MY12 brochure envy, and seeing I am adding a Larini Exhaust and Radium CAI, it will sound the business soon too :)

And a small video taken two days ago on a run with about 7 other Lotus owners

Looks awesome.

Will be interested to see some vids of the Larini after fitting. Will you be getting the secondary decat pipe also?

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Lovely - bet you just can't stop looking at it! Please keep the updates coming re the Radium CAI/Larini. Look forward to hearing another view!

Edited by mdavies

The face I made today when I found out my Evora S is 2 months behind schedule rant.gif (3 months if you go by the date Lotus USA originally gave rather than the more realistic dealer estimate) . . .

post-6978-0-29730100-1327990565.jpg

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

WOW Matt, that's not good at all. I wonder if they have cut back on the allocation of Federal spec cars. I'd be demanding a few sweeteners from your dealer if I were you to sooth your frustration.

Still, all good things come to those who wait..yada yada yada.

I'm really going to make the effort to get to Tony's this year and really looking forward to seeing it along with your S1.

I'd imagine that it's been delayed as they are producing black leather cars MY12 first.

2 months does seem a long time though - I've asked at the factory to see if this can be clarified!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I've ordered an Evora S on monday, and expected for April/May production even with Ebony Black leather...

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Evora S 2+2

IPS

Autumn Bronze

TechPack

Premium Pack Sport Ebony Black

Blackheadliner

19/20 Design Wheels Gloss Black

Mansory Front and rear bumpers

GT4 wing

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Still, all good things come to those who wait..yada yada yada.

True. I'll bite my tongue as to specific cause(s) of delay (nothing sensational) unless Bibs wants to lay it out there based on whatever he finds out, but it basically has to do with the upgraded MY12 interior and associated improvements, i.e., supply chain. In the end it's all good, just frustrating to get a date from Lotus USA when you place the order, then be told another date to your face while at Hethel, and then find out it's going to be a month after that, but such is the nature of continuous improvement. In any case, I've firmly shelved the anticipation. It'll be great when it gets here, but other than lining up the insurance and bank check for the balance whenever I need to, I'm putting it out of my mind and not making any plans that would involve the Evora until the keys are in my hands.

Unfortunately, we'll miss each other again, Gav. I can't make Tony's party this year and I might actually be in the UK. By the way, I didn't realize until recently that you got your S1 from Cannillo here on Long Island.

I think Cannillo sold my S1 after it was re-imported back into the States from Belgium. I got it 2 owners after they had sold it. It first went to Denver, then SLC, then on to me. Haven't Cannillo stopped trading?

I'm sure all the delays will be well worth it and you'll be very pleased. I wonder if Tony would be open to shifting the dates a bit so we can all get together?

Edited by GavinT

Yes, I think Connillo stopped trading. Chris got his S4 from them.

There are still two pages of sexy photos of your S1 on Connillo's archive.

I knew it was yours when I saw the right fuel cap.

Mildly humorous IPS review at PistonHeads: http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests/doc.asp?c=108&i=25102

2 months? For what reason? Is it a MY12 you have ordered? IPS?

MY12, Evora S 2+2, Burnt Orange (special order priced at Motorsport, but that's not the hold-up), Cognac interior, Premium Pack, Tech Pack, reversing camera.

• Gold FFM

When did Lotus turn the radiator mouth upside down? Or was that Swizz?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Just realized it. Great Work Moxie!!!

Imagine that front behind you in the rear mirror. Probably increases passing prestige by 80%

Edited by ramjet

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thanks. Did that in about 20 seconds after several glasses of Chablis. Should see what I can do when I'm really feeling sarcastic. Although if you ever want to laugh your ass off, check out the infamous series of "tutorial" videos, http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD19BCF9D57320E03. Episode 1:

• 2 weeks later...