Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1979 Elite 503 breaking - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1979 Elite 503 breaking

I,am just about to start breaking a complete 503 so if anyone is after any parts please get in touch

I,ve bought it as a spares car for my dads M reg Elite as he wants a spares backup,the car is nearly complete and may just have the odd bit to help someone who is restoring one,i won,t be selling of any parts i want as spares myself,but hopefully i can help!

I,am based in Surrey near jun 11 M25.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi David,

I am looking for the following spares if you can let me know if you have them, PM me with the prices.

Rear Wiper Arm

Fuel cut off valve/switch (on the chassis in the engine compartment)

Air Filter Box

Boot Lock (the bit that fixes to the glass tailgate)

Speedo Cable

Headlamp Solenoid Valves

Bonnet Strut/Gas Strut

Wheel Centre Caps

Spare Wheel

There will be a mountain of parts I need but can't think of anymore at the moment.

Jase.

Hi Jase

Ahhhhh

I can,t really help with any of these

Reasons being..

Rear arm missing(i bought the proper one from Bell and Colvill years ago,but i STILL need the original thin blade?)

Fuel cut off switch i want as a spare myself.

Air filter box is really nice on this with the big clips,but my dads isn,t this design(where early cars different?)and said he wants this.

Boot lock i need,sorry.

Headlamp solenoids i doubt are on it,its had a modded headlamp setup so i guess they are either missing or broken.

Speedo cable is brand new and a genuine item so keeping that.

Bonnet strut is nearly new and again genuine so want that.

All centre caps are dented,BADLY.

Spare wheel i want as i want to get a set of 5 highly polished as a spare set

I,am sorry that this is no help,but at least i,ve let you know the reasons....and all are genuine,my dad has very few spares as a backup so the idea of stripping an unroadworthy example that was cheap seemed the best way,i don,t like breaking cars as rare as this,but it would take a lot to make it roadworty again i think.

It does appear to have a very good chassis to be honest and it has a green affect interior if it helps anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi

Sorry to come to this late but I've just bought a car.

Do you by any chance have a lower windscreen trim in good condtion?

Thanks

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Have just joined your forum, and read your post with great interest.

Looking for the following parts to finish my pride and joy 1975 Elite 503:

* Chrome Finisher between gearstick and picnic tray (Mazak has started to turn to powder)

* Pair of ABS seat tilt control quadrants (If not too cracked maybe able to repair)

* L/H knob assembly & Flat plasic fascia panel only for Philips dictaphone cassette radio (if still fitted)

Many thanks,

Iain

• 2 months later...

hello there,

i am from the netherlands, and i have also break down lotus elite cars (4 allready..)

so many spares and bits,

@ ranald, yess i have the chrome finisher what you are searching for, (sometimes they are in realy bad condition and start to peel off..) butt mine is very nice, ( i can make a picture)

abs seat? i am sorry i dont understand you, butt i have still many interior parts also some seats,

----------------------------------------------

@ stokey:

----------------------------------------------

i have some parts you are searching for, also new coated headlamp Solenoid Valves

and spare wheel i have, and bonnet lock.. and many more..

and have also 2 LHD cars for sale.. (complete restoration examples)

• 1 month later...
Guest grnicholson

Hello Tokus

I need a timing belt cover and a right hand headlamp motor. Can you help in my restoration? Also, if anybody needs a new clutch line (Goodridge) or a square tooth timing belt, then I have some going cheap. Thanks Richard in sunny Spain

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I have a complete 503 Elite which I am going to break she has a galvanised chassis which is in very good order, the engine has be overhauled at some point, all the brightwork is good as are the wheels, interiot a bit rough but the seats would be ok with a clea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi Scott, I have emailed you a few days ago, sorry no sunroof but I also have a second car for spares which my have one I just have not had time to go over and look at it yet, give me a bell as I am now home for the festivities.

john.

• 6 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I still have loads of Elite spares of a 1976 for anyone who may be interested, includes a galvanised chassis, all the glass, doors etc and brightwork is good, also two leather interiors, wheels etc.

I could do with the bottom windscreen trim, but as with all this fragile aluminium stuff it's getting it home economically and in one piece that's problem....planned on doing the Glamis show on your recommendation but it falls in between the family holiday so don't know when I'll next be up your way.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

John, can you bring the 503 to amsterdam? (because you also live in amsterdam i see under your name)  and also the 2 leather interiors (ans frond spoilers,airboxes, cambelt covers) what does the car with the spares cost then?

• Gold FFM

Hi again Tocus, sorry I don't live in Amsterdam but pass through every four weeks on my way to work or home, I normaly have a 1 1/2  stopover. I could take small parts with me and meet you but that's about all.

John

• 1 year later...