IGNORED

Exige V6 spy shots

gtornes78

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice paint job by Swizz...

That aside I'm looking forward to seeing the car but what's going on at the back end? Looks like a lardy rear 'federal style bumper stuck on the back. I wonder how much they've added to the length too?

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Who said dazzle camoflage went out with WW2??!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Drooling!! Not sure of the bumpers but I want one!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Or an Evora'd Exige perhaps? Seems about 20cm longer in the rear, and judging from the new mirror mounts looks quite a bit wider as well. Will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the chassis and interior.

Are we all convinced it isn't a mule for testing the Esprit? When was that due to start testing?

Most other manufacturers seem to test new models using a stretched / altered version of the last. The Evora wore an Esprit body didn't it?

There has been several V6 mule cars around for quite some time, all wearing extended Exige bodies. These are among the latest I've seen, from recent testing at the ring, and clearly show that it's both longer and wider, but not massively more than the Elise they have with them.

An Esprit mule would be quite a bit bigger than this, and probably wearing an Evora body.

v6_mulerot2-1024x682.jpg

6100809691_936eea7d94_b.jpg

Indeed. The first Exige V6 pictured was with MJK at the Helm and was a mule engine test car for the Evora. Then the next teaser was in an Esprit shell. Finally there was the "spyshots" which were of the Evora in Camo in winter testing. So its been going on for ages!

Sometimes they would tell a "Spy photographer" (a mate of mine) when and where they were testing so he could get the best shots.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm trying to understand the purpose of this car. It seems late in the day to be putting a V6 into Elise/Exige structure although it was always a car which should have been built IMO.

In Evora the engine is a l-o-n-g way back in the car for anything which bears the title "mid-engined". Will it be mounted further forward in the Exige?

I'm guessing there will have be a pretty comprehensive rework of the body too. Exige cabin access is hardly user-friendly.

One way or another my cheque-book is still ready and willing to buy a new Lotus as soon as they come up with a car!

Ditto, but if the Evora gets cheap enough first (3 years old possibly) then I will be investing in one of those.

One way or another my cheque-book is still ready and willing to buy a new Lotus as soon as they come up with a car!

Likewise... but I'm beginning to think it's more a case of 'if' they come up with a car!

That said I'm with Lowtus on the Evora front but prices are already pretty low, less than a lot of Exiges!

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Does anyone recognise the location? The garage they drive into look similar to this one used for the Evora mule some years back, so is probably a regular place for Lotus to test. Stelvio perhaps?

6061010.002.Mini4L.jpg

The noise of this Exige is wow!!!! I think I had a small one just by hearing it! From the footage I may assume that the dual rear tail lights of the car are just for show!

Has this been shot on the San Bernardino Pass or the Stelvio Pass?

Gosh one has to like organizing leaks!

Edited by NedaSay

I don't recognize it as any of the big Swiss passes, and the road signs (from what you can see) look more likely to be Italian. Could be the west side of the Stelvio though at 1min the video shows what looks like a border point. San Bernardino has one of these but I'm not sure its the same one.