Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Canon 600D or even 60D - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Canon 600D or even 60D

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - Further research now has it down to the 550D vs 600D...

550D has the face sensor which turns on/off the screen when you're looking through the viewfinder, the 600D doesn't but it does have a pop-out twisty screen. I think I'd prefer the former but I've not tried the latter to know if I'd use it much or not?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'd go for the 550D. The swivel screen on the 600D is just a gimmick and you'll pay more for it.

I don't have a 550D but my 500D is great and no plans to change it. But if I was buying I'd seriously think about a 5D Mk1. No vid but amazing full frame shots and will be around the same price.

Edited by Mark B

• 3 months later...

The most useful 'clever' function so far is setting white balance on the fly, ideal as so many motorshows I attend are indoors. You take a pic of something white (or 18% grey!) and then voila, that's used to set the white balance! It's pretty perfect in terms of getting the white balance spot on so far.

Also, for pin sharp shots you can set the shot up, digitally zoom in either 5 or 10 times to check the focus is spot on then take the picture. Auto ISO is pretty cool too meaning you get a better range for each aperture/shutter combo and you can set it so it only uses a setting so high (even though the max ISO is 12,800!)

I've also got an Eye-Fi card too so I have my tablet next to me and as soon as a pic is taken it's automatically and wirelessly sent to the tablet for full screen review.

Full HD video too, will be very useful at the motorshows to capture the presentations which are always popular on our youtube channel.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 months later...

I got a 600D a couple of months after attending the TLF Photoshoot Day and it is very good camera (even the wife enjoys using it)

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

I bought a 7D to replace my old 20D. Should arrive tomorrow. I am hoping it will be good. My old 20D was quite a tough bit of kit and am hoping this new one proves to be a worthy successor.

Buddsy

Ye... I was replacing mine 400D a year ago to 7D.. really good move. I don't think I will have to replace my camera now for a looong time... I actually extend my lenses range. From my experience it looks like lens is 2x more important than body really.

ps. DSLRs are only good if you are not using them in AUTO. What's the point of this option there anyway? ;)

Edited by Malcolm Feth

I've been researching each of these myself, but overwhelmingly for video purposes. Anyone have an opinion on that aspect of the 600D vs 60D?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I've been researching each of these myself, but overwhelmingly for video purposes. Anyone have an opinion on that aspect of the 600D vs 60D?

None of above, but at work we are using 2x 550D for 3D video shooting - which works awesome ;)

550D is a really nice camera for a good price.

• 2 months later...