Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Will new SE rims and tires affect my camber or suspension settings>? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Will new SE rims and tires affect my camber or suspension settings>?

i just bought the SE alloys off ebay, 225/50/15 fronts and 255/50/16 rears (with 20mm spacers, total 40mm rear track increase).

these will replace my 195/60/15 fronts and 235/60/15 rears.

from just eyeballing and feeling the room either side of the current tires lock to lock, these new tires should fit but only JUST lol....the back will be fine with the spacers (though i think it would be fine without them too!) and i think the wheels at the front left lock sees the left hand wheel MAYBE rubbing this rubber hose thing...but maybe not. will have to wait and see when they come.

Do you think i will need adjustable top links for the rear (and front?) given the large rear track width increase? by my calculation, from outside edge of tire to tire originally was 1789mm (1554 + 235) and now will be 1849mm (1594 +255). literally now the wheel will nearly be as wide as the rear arches!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have SE alloys the tire size should be 215/50/ZR15 and 245/50/ZR16's. This wheel / tire size fits on the the Stevens Turbo fine with no spacers / alterations (they came standard on 1990-91 Esprit Turbo with the eagle chassis). The tires fitted to your alloys are no standard and wider. Probably because they couldn't find the correct size.

They've stopped making the Goodyears and Kumhos but you can still find them on ebay. I've just had a set of rear Goodyears delivered today.

Edited by Mark B

I would omit the spacers to start with, until you can check for possible interference. I run SE wheels on my '89, without spacers and without any geometry problems.

Yours,

Tom

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti

If you have SE alloys the tire size should be 215/50/ZR15 and 245/50/ZR16's. This wheel / tire size fits on the the Stevens Turbo fine with no spacers / alterations (they came standard on 1990-91 Esprit Turbo with the eagle chassis). The tires fitted to your alloys are no standard and wider. Probably because they couldn't find the correct size.

They've stopped making the Goodyears and Kumhos but you can still find them on ebay. I've just had a set of rear Goodyears delivered today.

my car was nov 88 so is NOT an eagle chassis - hence the concern!

• 1 month later...

I have an 88 Turbo and run GT3 wheels with no rubbing issues. The size areFront: 215/40ZR 17 Rear: 245/45ZR 17, no spacers fitted

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

?! where! hey just wondering too given you seem to be the premier resource for our era Esprit, my aircon/heater system seems to blow bits of what looks like grey honeycomb out of the vents sometimes....!? i can see some bigger bits that dont fit stuck inside the vents, looks like some sorts of filter or something breaking up deeper inside, what the heck is it?!