Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car or wife? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car or wife?

Bibs

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not too sure what to think after reading through this thread.....

I did watch a program once about a guy who fell in love with his car and married it, amongst other things he did with the car (I'm too much of lady to say)!

Surely you could have both in this instance? xx

So far the car has cost me far less than any of my previous GF's, and in some cases it has less mileage on it :evil:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Wife. Car can always be replaced but my wife is irreplaceable. :blush:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I guess I'm not meant to mention that in front of either? :lol:

Probably best to not mention this, although both have caught me admiring newer models recently :sofa:

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............we wonder if you have been test driving them,after all you really need to have a good road test before you make a final choice :?

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

I think any test drive could turn out to be potentially very expensive, so probably best I don't. What I have has adequate performance, reliable and relatively low maintenance. :lol:

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Cars vs Wifes: The best ones are

• hard to get hold of
  • usually expensive to acquire
  • expensive to run
  • all your mates want a go
  • reliability is not always guaranteed
  • men in public stare at the front and back end all the time
  • taking them out in the rain is a pain
  • getting rid always costs you money
  • wear and tear ruins their looks

Edited by Alex --GT3--

A significant advantage of car over women is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,When you turn the key anti clockwise a car shuts up.

We have these automated self check out terminals at the supermarket, you have no idea how hard I've looked for the "Audio OFF" button,

Nag, nag, nag, so reminds me of the ex. I've herd it all before, though it does give me my change back !

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The car stays! Got rid of the wife now no one to tell me NO! Hence the garage filled with cars and toys! The wife cost me my dream car! With the $100K she walked away with, that was my Diablo! No more wives for Artie!

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

One of the previous owners of my green 84 turbo had the car when he married. The first thing the wife got him to get rid of was the car. Three years later he got rid of the wife and now wants his car back. Moral of the story is don't get married until it becomes legal to marry your Lotus. That will never get jealous and ask you to get rid of your girlfriend.