Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lots more members but less posts - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lots more members but less posts

CarlC

The forum membership has never been bigger but there seems to be only a tiny number of people activley posting. When I came online last year there seemed to be lots of people helping out in the Stevens technical forums especially but the number of members posting help back seems to have dropped right off to a select few. :blink:

or is it just my crap postings people are ignoring :) come on I can take a hint or should I wait for the PM from Bibs to send me off with Tiegan. :);)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe everyone's Esprits are actually running and problem free for a change :blink:

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Have to admit that my 'submissions' to various areas of the forum have dropped off. Mainly due to trying to start my life up again with a new job and all + moving to the other side of the world. :)

In my old job in London I would sit at my desk all day and have the forum up from 8 till 5 - non stop. Slack job :blink:

Here in Oz I'm 12 hours out of whack and the bloody soccer (er - football) is'nt on until bloody 3 in the morning. Why can't we all be on one timezone. :)

Edited by s4simon

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Then again I've had almost a year to scare people away here :blink:

Yeah my old job I was stuck in front of a comp all day, so sorry for slacking :)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

It's just you I think...

Remember we're only halfway through June

June 2006 - 1895

May 2006 - 3784

April 2006 - 4065

March 2006 - 4770

February 2006 - 3968

January 2006 - 3495

December 2005 - 3601

November 2005 - 4172

October 2005 - 3479

September 2005 - 3098

August 2005 - 4012

July 2005 - 2372

I can purge (aka delete) non posting members which may encourage more to post. I know a few members who can't so they will be ok if I do that.

Forums are interactive beasts and are nothing without the contributions from the collective. I'd like to see more activity as the member count is going up and post count not keeping up.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The forum membership has never been bigger but there seems to be only a tiny number of people activley posting.

I counted almost half of the members on here haven't posted a message yet. Not even a "Hello" in the Newbie's section. Lots of Lurking going on then.

Lots of people sign up to things and thennever post.

I've joined a couple of fora in the past thinking they would become useful and then never posted (Peugeout Sports Forum being one of them back when I was thinking of getting a 205GTi)

Can the purge work on "not logged in for more than 6 months" rather than ever posted?

Lurking is not a crime! lol But participating is better :blink: Not logging in however is far more indicative of not being bothered one way or another!

Maybe a mass e-mailshot saying "anyone who has bot logged in for 3,4,5,6 etc moths will be deleted so please log in if you wish to maintain your 'membership'

Tho it's in our own interest to keep the membership numbers looking high!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I think Carls right, I myself have been posting less lately :)

I'm finding alot of the subjects have already been covered (a few times) and have not noticed any interesting people have joined lately ;)

As for the moderation, I had some funny stuff bounced off for no apparent reason, yet Robin is getting away with T & A murder, what gives? :)

Sorry, but it seems to be getting all rather mediocre to me :blink:

young2.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Kind of like one of the psycho-social phenomenon similar to a new neighbourhood. Everyones's fresh to each other and busy building and developing their houses, gardens, organising their childrens' schooling, sport etc etc. Lots of friendly talks, socials and visits between them until a few years further on.

By then that certain comeraderie has diminished, some have sold up, other newer residents moved in, children grown up and other priorities have taken over. The neighbourhood had now developed its own specific culture. There's a lot less friendliness, increased indifference and even some bitching taking over.

Are we heading that way?

DanR

By then that certain comeraderie has diminished, some have sold up, other newer residents moved in, children grown up and other priorities have taken over. The neighbourhood had now developed its own specific culture. There's a lot less friendliness, increased indifference and even some bitching taking over.

I've seen lots of people come and go on the forums, in the 4 years I've been on them, usually because they can't afford to own them any longer or they get bored.

However, new Owner's come along and join the forum, so things don't get stale. However, there are peaks and troughs in posting.

Edited by Mark Blanchard

As for the moderation, I had some funny stuff bounced off for no apparent reason

Well it wouldn't have been me!! :) :)

...and how do you know I get away with murder eh? I've had stuff bounced too - you just didn't get to see it before it was! ;)

As for bitchiness - I wouldn't say so - In fact I would say the complete opposite - we have had a couple of fairly in depth discussions about some deeply contentious issues and unlike any other internet forum I have ever visited, we have always kept it civil and people have argued the issues as they see them (admittedly, they were wrong if they were arguing with me but hey!!!) :):blink:

Going by the post stats from Bibs, I would say we are maintaining a fairly steady flow of posting....

I would say that perhaps a lot of the perception - at least in the banter areas - will be down to the chat being split into 3 separate groups (New Esprit, Motoring Chat and General cobbler :( ) This would certainly make it APPEAR like there are less posts

I do understand where you are coming from though as I had felt a similar way the last couple of weeks - trying to 'clear the board' of all new posts sometimes was an impossible task - I think that perhaps people are simply changing some of their posting habits / times and spreading them across different times of the day. We don't have the 6pm dial-up rush any more :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Well it wouldn't have been me!! :(:)

...and how do you know I get away with murder eh? I've had stuff bounced too - you just didn't get to see it before it was! ;)

As for bitchiness - I wouldn't say so - In fact I would say the complete opposite -

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That Fishy, he thinks hes all that , with his bouncing boobs, long hair and no doorhandles :blink::)

Yes I know it wasnt you Robin that pulled my solid gold joke. :(

Without the humour, this place can get way too blah blah (for me) :)

onion_news1684.article.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Yep I'm more....

3Devilishly_Hot_175g_3D.jpg

I don't mind if the odd posts ruffles a few feathers - we're all growed-ups!

Without the humour, this place can get way too blah blah (for me) :blink:

What! This place is supposed to be fun! ... Why in the H3LL didn't someone tell me? :)

Meet me here and let's liven up things a bit.

Keg%20Storage.jpg

The first round is on me! 178161.jpg

That beer doesn't look nearly warm enough!! :blink:

My GF persuaded me to try a half a mouthful of a local brewery's bitter the other day!

I nearly puked it was so gross! It was like extra thick lager (which to me is bad enough!) served at room temperature! VILE!

What! This place is supposed to be fun! ... Why in the H3LL didn't someone tell me? :blink:

Meet me here and let's liven up things a bit.

Keg%20Storage.jpg

The first round is on me! 178161.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cliff ,is that where they put all that Louisianna flood water? :):)

....As for Fishy who is now on the Bitter (not as nice a taste as the flood water) ;)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

well, my car has been laid up for the past year so not much to post about. Sure to be posting frequently once the car is back in my hands.

One thing which I dislike about the forum is the general tidyness. Have to dig into 10 different folders to see what's going on, suspect that's the same for most everyone. Not enough cross-pollination of ideas, hard to catch the Esprit zietgeist. View new posts works OK-ish to get around the multi-folder approach, but doesn't bookmark very well.

But hey, overall, it's a great BBS, loveit

Talking about non-posters what ever became of Paul (Ch*rg*cool*r) C ? :blink:

Is it true he won the pools, retired and bought himself a stately home? :)

His absence is what is dragging the morals of this place ever lower :);):)

CareBears.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Alright, admittedly I'm an internet forum junkie... I just can't stop using. The cops caught me last month with 50 grams of forum on me, and took me in to the station. that was a bad night.

Anyway, yeah. peaks and valleys. But I still think this is the best forum on the internet, not to be cocky. Sh!t. good enough sense of humor to not have expelled me quite yet :) There isn't any open antagonism like on a lot of other boards. (we seemed to however keep it all locked behind closed doors in some cases :blink:)

Guess any the censorship happened before I could reallize it was censorship :)

Believe it or not I do have standards, and there's a reason I came here instead of pistonheads.

But yeah... it seems like some of the newer members lately don't contribute.

I run my own forum (which none of you would be interested in looking at, ever) and I know how hard it is to continue to get good membership. After a while, all the new people start seeming as if the same person keeps signing in with different accounts (or maybe I should check up on that)

Slade

Guest Troy Halliday

I think if the count is down it may have something to do with the hot whether just listening out my window nearly every house has people in the garden. We tend to try and enjoy it while it's here. When the footy is finnished and the weather turns shite you'll see the masses come back.

Wayne - You've not had anything deleted for months and months as I recall. I can review the exact logs if you think this is wrong. The only things that are deleted are those that break the rules of the forum or are likely to cause offence or upset. It's not a free for all, the rules and standards we maintain are there for a reason and why this forum is a shining example of friendliness and worldwide unity not often seen online.

There is a small decrease in posts, perhaps 10-20% but the majority of members of this site are in the UK and the weather is amazing. As mentioned people are either in the garden BBQ-ing or out in their cars, nothing more to it than that.

Mountain, molehill.

Here are the visitor stats for your information. These figures represent approx 2/3rds of the total numbers when x-checked with the server stats.

graphsummaryareachartphp6dx.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Me too :)

i did join the yahoo forum but i was on dialup at the time. the way it is set out was no good for that - had to search through all the irrevilant stuff to find something of interest, by that time the time was clocking on and had none left to post.

I love the way this forum is set out - easy :blink:

Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Alright, admittedly I'm an internet forum junkie... I just can't stop using. The cops caught me last month with 50 grams of forum on me, and took me in to the station. that was a bad night.

Slade have you thought seriously about rehab. Now that you've come under adverse police notice you may have reached one of those critical points in life where you'll have to choose what sort of future you really want. I'd suggest you see a counsellor and take a dose or two Esprit Driver's Delight. B)

DanR

This is the only forum I've found worth using...

Only one with such direct factory access as well.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer